As per report earlier on Friday, hundreds of Ambareesh fans gathered outside Sumalatha's residence in Bengaluru and requested her to contest the Lok Sabha elections as an independent candidate. Meanwhile, when speaking to the media after interacting with the fans, Sumalatha said, "Ambareesh's fans were very supportive when he contested elections.
Furthermore even after his death, they are offering to support her and she had never given a thought about entering politics or contesting elections in the past. When seeing the amount of respect they have for Ambareesh and her, she do not want to disappoint them”. Reportedly the actor also said that she had not yet held talks with leaders of any political party and if she decides to contest, Sumalatha is unsure whether she wants to be a Congress candidate and get embroiled in the tension on ground in Mandya between JDS and Congress.
Moreover JD(S) insiders say that the party is not happy with the Congress' move to bring Sumalatha into electoral politics as it would then become difficult for Kumaraswamy's son Nikhil Gowda to enter the fray. Although Deve Gowda is not inclined towards offering Nikhil a ticket, the chances of him getting one would become lesser if Sumalatha decides to enter electoral politics. It would be worse if she contested as an independent as it would split the vote bank”.
Hyderabad Metro Rail overloaded due to TSRTC strike Reportedly a large number of commuters in Hyderabad on Monday took to the Metro as the ongoing strike by employees of the Telangana State Road Transport Corporation (TSRTC) intensified. Perhaps with Telangana Congress leaders and workers attempting to lay siege to Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao's residence in support of the strike, the police took a bizarre decision, to shut down
- Karnataka received excessive rainfall this year
- Did Godman Kalki fled the country, IT raids Rs.500 Crores undisclosed wealth
- Did Pakistan stop Postal Mail service between India & Pakistan?
- Two apps developed by UG students won Marconi Award
- P Chidambaram granted bail by SC in INX Media Case
- Donald Trump celebrates Diwali at White House on October 24
- Guv made remarks on Indian Army's action against terrorist camps inside POK
- Jagan Insulted by the Central Government?
- Telangana police seizes AP CM Jagan Car
- First bitter experience for Jagan as Chief Minister at Delhi!
- Reliable Survey Agency about Huzurnagar Result
- AP Farmers exchanges Vegetables for plastic bags
- AIMPLB moves to court seeking no jail term for triple Talaq
- 52 Kgs of Plastic removed from Cow's stomach in TN
- PMC bank scam claims another life in Maharashtra