Mumbai sources reported that Lending major State Bank of India (SBI) has rebutted reports that data of its customers got leaked. The bank said in a statement "In the incident that has been highlighted, the investigation has revealed that SBI's servers remained fully protected and there was no breach at this end”.
Reports stated from the bank, the incident under question relates to a service in which account data is quickly made available to a customer through an outgoing SMS service "after taking care to mask account details so that customer data is protected". The bank said "The masking in any case ensures that there is basic protection for the customer data. The process uses the services of telecom providers and aggregates who have experience in the field”.
Furthermore "Strict protocols are set up for them. Investigation has revealed that there was a misconfiguration or lacuna in their process that arose on January 27 and was subsequently rectified, as has been mentioned in the media reports." Moreover the bank said it is doing everything possible to ensure that no such weaknesses remain in the process used by the service providers that SBI uses for its various services.
EPS spends 15 crores on ads! Former Tamilnadu chief minister Jayalalitha had won the 2016 elections and became the CM for the second term. However within sometime after swearing in as CM her health was affected and she was admitted to Apollo and was receiving treatment for 75 days and following treatment failure, she had passed away
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!