Accordingly parties are made to raise funds to meet the extra expenses that they incur. Earlier in the 2014 elections, BJP was said to have raised Rs 41,97,251, Congress about 44,23,890, TRS had raised 43,62,619 and TDP had raised 28,61,103. Meanwhile BJP collected 56% from the party itself and 44% in donations and other individuals, firms or organizations, or rose by the candidate himself and Congress collected 23% of the money from the party and 48% from other sources and 29% was out of pocket expenditure.
Presently that brings us to the question if this unaccounted cash is enough to woo voters. Apparently, the money is spent mostly on Transport, alcohol, drugs, and wages for workers. Previously in 2014, the ECI reported that more than Rs 300 crore of unaccounted cash, 1700 kg of drugs, huge amounts of alcohol and arms being seized during the time of the election.
Sources say that the AAP spends an approximate of Rs 2.5 cr per seat, and parties like BJP and Congress spend close to Rs 10 cr. Moreover that brings us to the last, final and most anticipated question of them all can a common man afford to contest for the election, the answer is that if the common man can afford to contest for the elections, unless this common man has a heart of gold in its literal sense, which is most unlikely, the answer is no.
Chiranjeevi To Bridge The Gap Between Tollywood and Jagan Megastar Chiranjeevi along with his wife Surekha Konidela met Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy at the Chief Minister's official residence in Tadepalli on Monday as a courtesy call. This is the first time that the Chiranjeevi or for that matter, any Telugu Film Industry Biggie met him after YS Jagan took charge.
- Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal?
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?
- Jagan Proves To Be Rightful Than Chandrababu
- IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories
- Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike
- 4 National Level Hockey Players died in car crash in MP