As per report Bengaluru’s Kempegowda International Airport unveiled its rooftop solar powered plant on Wednesday morning. Reportedly the solar plant has been installed across 8 rooftops and has been speculated to generate roughly 47 lakh units of clean electricity per year and it is estimated that 3800 tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions will be reduced annually as a result of the newly set up solar plants.
Accordingly “BIAL’s solar project was commissioned across two phases. During the first phase in 2017, 503 KW of rooftop solar, 2.5 MW of ground mounted solar and 425 KW of car parking solar power installations were undertaken. Further during the second phase, in addition to the 3.35 MW installations by Sunshot, BIAL purchased 20 MUs of solar power through open access from Bosch plant of capacity 14.4 MW solar power plant commissioned at Belagavi and BIAL has adopted a holistic approach and sustainability principles to ensure integrity of economic viability, operational excellence, conservation of natural resources and social sustainability”.
Moreover Vice President of the Engineering and Maintenance Department of BIAL, Lakshminarayanan S said to media, “As a role model for sustainable progress, the BLR Airport is well on course towards achieving its goal of becoming 100% powered by renewable energy by 2020 and the airport’s consumption from solar power stands at 50 million units through on-site and off-site solar Power Purchase Agreements (PPA) to meet 67% of its annual energy requirements.”
India receives support from Israel! Israel has lent a supporting shoulder to India to destroy terrorism, without any conditions. Last week there was a major attack in Pulwama killing more than 40 CRPF soldiers and following that there was retaliation act two days back when Indian army soldiers shot dead the mastermind of Pulwama attack and three soldiers also lost their lives.
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?
- Panther seen in parking area of Korum Mall in Thane
- Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program'
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures