As per report Bengaluru’s Kempegowda International Airport unveiled its rooftop solar powered plant on Wednesday morning. Reportedly the solar plant has been installed across 8 rooftops and has been speculated to generate roughly 47 lakh units of clean electricity per year and it is estimated that 3800 tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions will be reduced annually as a result of the newly set up solar plants.
Accordingly “BIAL’s solar project was commissioned across two phases. During the first phase in 2017, 503 KW of rooftop solar, 2.5 MW of ground mounted solar and 425 KW of car parking solar power installations were undertaken. Further during the second phase, in addition to the 3.35 MW installations by Sunshot, BIAL purchased 20 MUs of solar power through open access from Bosch plant of capacity 14.4 MW solar power plant commissioned at Belagavi and BIAL has adopted a holistic approach and sustainability principles to ensure integrity of economic viability, operational excellence, conservation of natural resources and social sustainability”.
Moreover Vice President of the Engineering and Maintenance Department of BIAL, Lakshminarayanan S said to media, “As a role model for sustainable progress, the BLR Airport is well on course towards achieving its goal of becoming 100% powered by renewable energy by 2020 and the airport’s consumption from solar power stands at 50 million units through on-site and off-site solar Power Purchase Agreements (PPA) to meet 67% of its annual energy requirements.”
Jagan's New Rule Detrimental to Investments in Andhra Pradesh? The Ruling Party in Andhra Pradesh has introduced a bill on the employment of local candidates in industries and factories mandate the state government to ensure 75 percent of employment opportunities to locals. It also puts the government under obligation to provide training to eligible local candidates.
- AP Opposition Leader & FM had heated argument about WB funding
- Congress Becomes Headless in Andhra Pradesh
- Will 86 Indian Sailors Held Captive in Indonesia be released?
- Three TDP MLAs Suspended from AP Assembly
- YS Jagan's Bumper Offer to Junior NTR?
- Farewell given to ESL Narasimhan by AP CM Jagan
- AP CM Jagan greeted ISRO team for launching Chandrayaan 2 successfully
- UIDAI to appoint adjudicating Officer to deal in contravention cases
- Picture of Priyanka Chopra smoking gone viral
- Chandrayaan 2 successfully launched by ISRO
- Did Kerala successfully fought against Nipah Virus?
- Sri Reddy is tech savvy & knows just how to use social media
- Telangana CM KCR reached his native village
- Why no Top Official greeted Pakistani OM Imran Khan at Dulles Airport?
- Visakhapatnam facing crunch of Domestic flights