As per report passengers travelling on the Kerala Road Transport Corporation (RTC) bus from Kottayam to Thiruvananthapuram on Sunday morning had a close shave as the driver of the bus died of a cardiac arrest while he was behind the wheel, but not before bringing the bus to a halt on the roadside. Reportedly the driver of the bus has been identified as 40 year old Saju Mathew, hailing from Thidanad in the Kottayam district of Kerala, who was also attached to Erattupetta bus depot of the Kerala RTC. He was the driver of the Chennad - Thiruvananthapuram fast passenger bus.
Meanwhile the incident is reported to have taken place around 9:35 am when the bus was on its way to Chenganassery along the MC road. Reports added when the bus reached a bridge in the Kodimatha area of Kottayam, Saju began to experience pain in the chest but he managed to bring the bus to a halt before collapsing on the steering wheel. Furthermore VM Abdul Nasar, District Transport Officer of Kottayam said that, “A nurse who was among the passengers examined him and confirmed the cardiac arrest. Soon, another driver who was on board took over the wheels and rushed Mathew to the Government Hospital, but it was too late for him.”
Moreover around 26 passengers were reported to be inside the bus, which had just departed Kottayam bus stand, when the incident took place. As per a report the mortal remains of Saju Mathew has been kept at a private hospital in Bharananganam, also in Kottayam district and the funeral will take place at 10:30am on Tuesday at the cemetery of the St Joseph church in Maniyamkulam.
60 Lakhs For Every Jagan's Hyderabad Visit for Cases? Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy is demanding a permanent exemption from personal appearance in the cases in which he is the prime accused. The arguments on this petition have finished the other day and the CBI court posted the judgment to November 1st.
- Will Mother Dairy sell tomatoes at Rs.55 per Kg or below?
- CM Jagan's focus is to make AP healthier
- Kerala's Kairali TV launches Jolly murder case as Solly serial killer
- NASA makes record with 2 Women astronaut spacewalk for first time
- PM Modi expressed confidence that BJP will break all victory records in Maharashtra Assembly elections
- SC reserved judgment on bail plea of P Chidambaram
- Madras HC reserves order in the release of Bigil
- Some iconic faces who will be contesting Maharashtra Assembly election 2019
- Botsa Satyanarayan feels APs new Capital to be built based on public opinion
- Karnataka ranked as Most Innovative state in India
- Why Sonia Gandhi cancelled Haryana rally?
- Internet crazy over Viral letter exchanged between US & Turkey
- Why didn't RTC Management or Telangana Govt call RTC Employees for talks?
- Muslim parties accused SC appointed mediation panel of leaking proceedings in Ayodhya Case
- BJP confident in winning Maharashtra Assembly Elections with full majority