Chennai sources stated that after taking a serious view of the Election Commission of India (EC) ordering bye-elections along with the Lok Sabha polls to only 18 of the 21 Assembly seats lying vacant, the DMK president, M K Stalin had accused the poll body with “ulterior motives” in withholding the bye-polls for three constituencies of Ottapidaram, Aravakuruchi and Thiruparankundram.
Even though pending election petitions in courts regarding the three constituencies are cited for non-inclusion in the list of bye-polls announced by the EC on Sunday, Mr. Stalin said asked why the EC had withheld elections to the three Assembly segments when there was no specific court stay in any of those pending cases. Furthermore on the people of Madurai demanding a change in the poll date from April 18 in view of the Meenakshi Amman temple's 'Chithirai festival' falling on that day, Mr. Stalin said the EC should consider their plea.
Moreover on the identification of constituencies with allies, Mr. Stalin said barring the Congress and the VCK, which have been allotted ten and two Lok Sabha seats respectively, identification of constituencies for all the other allies have been finalized and they include the CPI, CPI(M) IUML, MDMK led by Vaiko, KNDK and IJK.
Guv made remarks on Indian Army's action against terrorist camps inside POK Sources from Srinagar stated that Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satya Pal Malik on Monday said India will dismantle terrorist infrastructures inside Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (POK) if the terrorism emanating from the neighboring country's soil is not dealt with. He said when speaking to reporters
- Jagan Insulted by the Central Government?
- Telangana police seizes AP CM Jagan Car
- First bitter experience for Jagan as Chief Minister at Delhi!
- Reliable Survey Agency about Huzurnagar Result
- AP Farmers exchanges Vegetables for plastic bags
- AIMPLB moves to court seeking no jail term for triple Talaq
- 52 Kgs of Plastic removed from Cow's stomach in TN
- PMC bank scam claims another life in Maharashtra
- Donald Trump humiliated NASA astronauts at ISS for being "first ever female spacewalkers"
- Did Kiran Bedi attempt to give away part of Puducherry to AP?
- IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK
- Temporary Crèches set up in Maharashtra booths to help women voters
- Will Siddaramaiah vacate Cauvery Bungalow for Yeddyurappa to reside?