According to sources Indian multinational technology and the largest IT service firm, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), unveiled that it gave Rs 220 crore to an electoral trust from the beginning of the year, ie., from January to March of 2019 and apparently it is pretty obscure on which political party/parties have benefited from the money.
Reportedly Rs 220 crores mark as one of the biggest donations the IT company has ever made. Tata group had earlier donated to the Progressive Electoral Trust in 2013, a trust which was set up by it. Meanwhile in fact, Tata has set up many electoral trusts between 2013 and 2016 and that Congress has been a supporter followed by Biju Janata Dal. Furthermore Tata has mentioned in its annual filings about the Progressive Electoral Trust this year and it says there has been no contribution to any political party during the year 2017-18 and it actually had a deficit of Rs 54,844.
Moreover an electoral trust, being the connection between political parties and people who want to donate to them, the biggest ET in the country is Prudent Electoral Trust and this trust's biggest contributors are Bharti Group and DLF, earning more than Rs 160 crore. Earlier in 2017-18, the BJP received Rs 144 crore of the Rs 169 crore it earned from Prudent Electoral Trust. Perhaps on April 12, when the Supreme Court ordered all the political parties contesting in the elections to disclose every donation which was made to them through electoral bonds till May 15, the news has been out.
Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations Reportedly after launching an offensive against the Congress, Union Defense Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday accused it of internationalizing the Kashmir issue and reiterated that it is an internal matter. When addressing a poll rally ahead of assembly elections on October 21, the BJP leader brought up a meeting between Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn with representatives
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations
- NorthEast Monsoon finally arrived South India
- Why Sourav Ganguly met Amit Shah a day before emerging as BCCI president?
- Will BJPs Abhe Singh Yadav retain constituency in Haryana Assembly Elections?
- CM KCR been cornered to the core in RTC strike issue
- Karti Chidambaram maintained he will appeal in right manner after whatever court says
- Watch this Video of Kerala Man caught in grip of Python, being saved
- NTA handed credentials of 19 students suspected of hiring impersonators in NEET Impersonation scam
- Sunni Waqf board seeks withdrawal of title dispute on last day of SC hearing
- UP cancels leaves of field officers in view of SC verdict on Ayodhya
- SC likely to pronounce the verdict between November 04 to 17