As per report two days after the violent sealing drive in Delhi's Mayapuri that left 14 officials, including an ACP, injured, workers from the scrap market in the national capital have called for a boycott of the ongoing Lok Sabha elections in protest. Meanwhile the sealing drive on Saturday, 13 April, came after a National Green Tribunal order on Thursday, 11 April, questioned the Delhi government's failure to curb pollution emanating from factories in Mayapuri.
Furthermore the Delhi Police, without making any arrests in the matter yet, was quoted as saying that it held meetings with local police stations to decide a strategy to deal with any protests that take place. Reportedly a motor parts trader stated that there have been raids in the past where tonnes of scrap have been seized and nobody objected.
Moreover Sisodia lashed out at Union Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri for blaming the Aam Aadmi Party government for the violence in west Delhi, saying the responsibility of land allocation was with the Centre. Apparently Manish Sisodia, Deputy Chief Minister, Delhi "Delhi Police is yours, SDM is yours, NGT is yours, DDA is yours and we are blamed. They should have some shame and take accountability for their actions."
Nirav Modi remanded to Prison until November 11 London sources reported that fugitive diamond trader Nirav Modi, who is fighting extradition to India on charges over the nearly USD 2 billion Punjab National Bank (PNB) fraud and money laundering case, on Thursday was remanded to prison until November 11 after he appeared via video link from his London jail for a regular remand hearing.
- Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations
- NorthEast Monsoon finally arrived South India
- Why Sourav Ganguly met Amit Shah a day before emerging as BCCI president?
- Will BJPs Abhe Singh Yadav retain constituency in Haryana Assembly Elections?
- CM KCR been cornered to the core in RTC strike issue
- Karti Chidambaram maintained he will appeal in right manner after whatever court says
- Watch this Video of Kerala Man caught in grip of Python, being saved
- NTA handed credentials of 19 students suspected of hiring impersonators in NEET Impersonation scam
- Sunni Waqf board seeks withdrawal of title dispute on last day of SC hearing