Chennai sources stated that the State Election Commission has warned media houses not to telecast or broadcast political advertisements in electronic, social media and print media without approval. Meanwhile in a letter to the all media channels, the Chief Electoral Officer, Satyabrata Sahoo stated that it has been brought to the notice of the EC that political parties are telecasting, broadcasting their political advertisements in electronic and social media without the approval or prior approval of State Level Media Certification and Monitoring Committee.
Further citing an order of Supreme Court dated April 13, 2004, CEC stated that where EC is satisfied that there is a violation of the verdict or under any provisions of the Cable Television Network (Regulation) Act 1995, it will issue an order to the violator to forthwith stop such violations and it will also be open to direct seizure of the equipment.
Apparently if any of the political advertisements is continuously telecast/webcast or played through electronic, social or print media, the matter will be brought to the notice of the EC immediately and appropriate action will be initiated as per law.
Nirav Modi remanded to Prison until November 11 London sources reported that fugitive diamond trader Nirav Modi, who is fighting extradition to India on charges over the nearly USD 2 billion Punjab National Bank (PNB) fraud and money laundering case, on Thursday was remanded to prison until November 11 after he appeared via video link from his London jail for a regular remand hearing.
- Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations
- NorthEast Monsoon finally arrived South India
- Why Sourav Ganguly met Amit Shah a day before emerging as BCCI president?
- Will BJPs Abhe Singh Yadav retain constituency in Haryana Assembly Elections?
- CM KCR been cornered to the core in RTC strike issue
- Karti Chidambaram maintained he will appeal in right manner after whatever court says
- Watch this Video of Kerala Man caught in grip of Python, being saved
- NTA handed credentials of 19 students suspected of hiring impersonators in NEET Impersonation scam
- Sunni Waqf board seeks withdrawal of title dispute on last day of SC hearing