Chennai sources stated that listing out the various welfare and development projects delivered by the Narendra Modi Government in the last five years of its tenure, a large group of 109 prominent citizens on Monday issued a fervent appeal to all voters to give Modi a second term as Prime Minister. Meanwhile the signatories included several writers, scholars, scientists, lawyers, poets, journalists and educationists, besides Maj Gen (retd) Padmanabhan and ex-DGP Balachandran. Writers Sivasankari and Malan have also signed.
Furthermore the appeal said in the five year tenure of Modi Government, various sectors had seen development. Ujjwala (free gas) scheme, increasingly maternity leave to 26 weeks and constructing toilets throughout the country had created "positive impact on the life of women". Apparently efforts taken to eliminate corruption have "started to harvest benefits" and Ayushman Bharat "is turning out to be the biggest healthcare social security scheme in the world", said the appeal.
Moreover insisting that India's internal and external security "is handled the best possible way", the appeal sought another term for Modi as PM because of his "exceptional performance in various sectors", his care towards the nation and "because of having zero accusation under his name".
IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express Reportedly a delay of more than three hours in the running of Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express on October 19 has cost IRCTC around Rs 1.62 lakh which the railway subsidiary will pay through its insurance companies as compensation to around 950 passengers, a first in the history of Indian Railways. The officials said on Monday “The train started from Lucknow at around 9.55 am instead of its scheduled
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK
- Temporary Crèches set up in Maharashtra booths to help women voters
- Will Siddaramaiah vacate Cauvery Bungalow for Yeddyurappa to reside?
- Red Alert warning given in Kerala, Schools, Colleges remain shut on Tuesday
- Jio Launches All in One plans Bonanza for Diwali
- PM Modi feels Tamil languages as Exceptional & World's oldest language
- Tamilnadu shuts schools in 3 Districts on account of Heavy Rain
- KTR seeks Rs.3418 Crore for building Pharma City in Hyderabad
- PM Modi met a young innovator Amol Yadav, a pilot by profession of small aircrafts in India
- Revanth repeats Lagadapati drama!
- TDP To Lose Deposit in Huzoornagar
- Record Voter Turnout in Huzoornagar
- TDP in Jitters Over Reverse-Tendering Savings
- TSRTC Did Not Have Funds To Pay Salaries