As per report it was stated that following the seizure of Rs 11 Crore at DMK leader Kathir Anand's house in Vellore on March 29, the Election Commission has reached out to President with a recommendation to cancel the election in Vellore Lok Sabha segment. The order was passed as huge amount was seized during the time of campaigning.
Earlier on Tuesday evening, President Ramnath Kovind has provided approval to rescind the Lok Sabha election in Vellore, Tamilnadu. Furthermore as per latest report the EC will be continue with by-polling for two assembly segments which fall under Vellore parliament constituency: Ambur and Gudiyattam. Reportedly after the money was seized from Anand, a police case was filed against him and other DMK leaders.
Moreover Anand, who was pumping money across Vellore, is son of DMK's senior leader and party treasurer Duraimurugan. Apparently polling to 39 Lok Sabha constituencies and by election in 22 assembly segments of Tamil Nadu is scheduled on April 18.
IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express Reportedly a delay of more than three hours in the running of Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express on October 19 has cost IRCTC around Rs 1.62 lakh which the railway subsidiary will pay through its insurance companies as compensation to around 950 passengers, a first in the history of Indian Railways. The officials said on Monday “The train started from Lucknow at around 9.55 am instead of its scheduled
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK
- Temporary Crèches set up in Maharashtra booths to help women voters
- Will Siddaramaiah vacate Cauvery Bungalow for Yeddyurappa to reside?
- Red Alert warning given in Kerala, Schools, Colleges remain shut on Tuesday
- Jio Launches All in One plans Bonanza for Diwali
- PM Modi feels Tamil languages as Exceptional & World's oldest language
- Tamilnadu shuts schools in 3 Districts on account of Heavy Rain
- KTR seeks Rs.3418 Crore for building Pharma City in Hyderabad
- PM Modi met a young innovator Amol Yadav, a pilot by profession of small aircrafts in India
- Revanth repeats Lagadapati drama!
- TDP To Lose Deposit in Huzoornagar
- Record Voter Turnout in Huzoornagar
- TDP in Jitters Over Reverse-Tendering Savings
- TSRTC Did Not Have Funds To Pay Salaries