As per report it was stated that following the seizure of Rs 11 Crore at DMK leader Kathir Anand's house in Vellore on March 29, the Election Commission has reached out to President with a recommendation to cancel the election in Vellore Lok Sabha segment. The order was passed as huge amount was seized during the time of campaigning.
Earlier on Tuesday evening, President Ramnath Kovind has provided approval to rescind the Lok Sabha election in Vellore, Tamilnadu. Furthermore as per latest report the EC will be continue with by-polling for two assembly segments which fall under Vellore parliament constituency: Ambur and Gudiyattam. Reportedly after the money was seized from Anand, a police case was filed against him and other DMK leaders.
Moreover Anand, who was pumping money across Vellore, is son of DMK's senior leader and party treasurer Duraimurugan. Apparently polling to 39 Lok Sabha constituencies and by election in 22 assembly segments of Tamil Nadu is scheduled on April 18.
When is Telangana Local Body polling planned? As per report the schedule for the local body polls in Telangana is announced. The ZPTC and MPTC elections will be held in three phases while the results will be declared on May 27th. Meanwhile the notification for the first phase of elections will be out on April 22nd while the polling is scheduled on May 6th. Furthermore the phase two notification will be released on April 26th and the polling will be held on May 10th.
- Azim Premji History Maker Chairman of Wipro Limited
- Artisanal bread bakers order numbers almost doubled in Bengaluru
- Chief Secretary Stalls Chandrababu Government's 1000 Crore Loan
- Janasena's First Review Meeting After 10 Days of Polling
- US government taking aim at India based call centre scam industry
- Janasena Loses Its Most-Vocal TV Face
- Indigo has very aggressive fleet expansion plans
- Hottest Bet of Andhra Pradesh Elections
- Sidda candidature helps TDP to get more votes in Towns!
- Rajinikanth all set to contest Assembly elections in Tamilnadu
- Kudos to CBN
- KCR To Gift A Plum Post to His Arch-Rival
- AMMK leader TTV Dhinakaran unanimously elected as its general secretary
- Chandrababu Naidu confident winning LS Polls?
- No Ego Whatsoever for KCR