Chennai sources stated that ahead of the April 18 Lok Sabha polls, Income Tax officials and the Election Commission's static surveillance team on Tuesday carried out a joint searches on Tuesday, at the residence of DMK leader K Kanimozhi at Thoothukodi in South Tamilnadu from where she is contesting. The official sources indicated that the searches were held following "some inputs," but they did not elaborate. Income Tax officials were also "assisting," the local poll officials and the outcome of the searches were not known immediately.
Furthermore following information about the searches, a large number of DMK workers gathered in front of Kanimozhi's house expressing solidarity. Reportedly Kanimozhi, a Rajya Sabha member, is contesting against the BJP's state unit chief Tamilisai Soundararajan in the Thootukodi Lok Sabha constituency. Meanwhile DMK president M K Stalin in a statement at Chennai said the raids were an outcome of "fear of a damning defeat," for BJP's candidate Tamilisai Soundararajan in Tuticorin who is also the BJP's State unit president.
Moreover the DMK chief said his party would work towards ushering in reforms in the appointments of Chief Election Commissioner, Election Commissioners and State Chief Electoral Officer. He said "If needed, we will not hesitate to approach the Supreme Court and it is normal verification procedure”. Accordingly polling to all 39 seats in Tamilnadu was slated for April 18 in the second stage of the Lok Sabha polls.
Artisanal bread bakers order numbers almost doubled in Bengaluru Accordingly many bakers have seen an increase in order volumes in the past year, along with a greater interest in sourdough bread from customers. It’s said to be more easily digestible, with a lower glycemic index that doesn’t cause blood sugar spikes the way normal refined flour bread does. Samruddhi Nayak,
- Chief Secretary Stalls Chandrababu Government's 1000 Crore Loan
- Janasena's First Review Meeting After 10 Days of Polling
- US government taking aim at India based call centre scam industry
- Janasena Loses Its Most-Vocal TV Face
- Indigo has very aggressive fleet expansion plans
- Hottest Bet of Andhra Pradesh Elections
- Sidda candidature helps TDP to get more votes in Towns!
- Rajinikanth all set to contest Assembly elections in Tamilnadu
- Kudos to CBN
- KCR To Gift A Plum Post to His Arch-Rival
- AMMK leader TTV Dhinakaran unanimously elected as its general secretary
- Chandrababu Naidu confident winning LS Polls?
- No Ego Whatsoever for KCR
- Hyderabad Metro Rail launched shuttle buses services
- YS Jagan Skips Ramoji Rao's Grand Daughter Wedding