Chennai sources stated that ahead of the April 18 Lok Sabha polls, Income Tax officials and the Election Commission's static surveillance team on Tuesday carried out a joint searches on Tuesday, at the residence of DMK leader K Kanimozhi at Thoothukodi in South Tamilnadu from where she is contesting. The official sources indicated that the searches were held following "some inputs," but they did not elaborate. Income Tax officials were also "assisting," the local poll officials and the outcome of the searches were not known immediately.
Furthermore following information about the searches, a large number of DMK workers gathered in front of Kanimozhi's house expressing solidarity. Reportedly Kanimozhi, a Rajya Sabha member, is contesting against the BJP's state unit chief Tamilisai Soundararajan in the Thootukodi Lok Sabha constituency. Meanwhile DMK president M K Stalin in a statement at Chennai said the raids were an outcome of "fear of a damning defeat," for BJP's candidate Tamilisai Soundararajan in Tuticorin who is also the BJP's State unit president.
Moreover the DMK chief said his party would work towards ushering in reforms in the appointments of Chief Election Commissioner, Election Commissioners and State Chief Electoral Officer. He said "If needed, we will not hesitate to approach the Supreme Court and it is normal verification procedure”. Accordingly polling to all 39 seats in Tamilnadu was slated for April 18 in the second stage of the Lok Sabha polls.
Did Kiran Bedi attempt to give away part of Puducherry to AP? Reportedly Puducherry Lieutenant Governor Kiran Bedi and DMK chief MK Stalin have become embroiled in a war of words over Yanam, one of the four districts in the union territory. Previously Stalin accused the Lt Governor of attempting to give an island belonging to the district over to Andhra Pradesh. Kiran Bedi has responded to the allegations stating that she had personally seen 'gross environmental
- IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK
- Temporary Crèches set up in Maharashtra booths to help women voters
- Will Siddaramaiah vacate Cauvery Bungalow for Yeddyurappa to reside?
- Red Alert warning given in Kerala, Schools, Colleges remain shut on Tuesday
- Jio Launches All in One plans Bonanza for Diwali
- PM Modi feels Tamil languages as Exceptional & World's oldest language
- Tamilnadu shuts schools in 3 Districts on account of Heavy Rain
- KTR seeks Rs.3418 Crore for building Pharma City in Hyderabad
- PM Modi met a young innovator Amol Yadav, a pilot by profession of small aircrafts in India
- Revanth repeats Lagadapati drama!
- TDP To Lose Deposit in Huzoornagar
- Record Voter Turnout in Huzoornagar
- TDP in Jitters Over Reverse-Tendering Savings