Chennai sources stated that the remarks virtually reiterate his earlier announcement that he will float a party by the next assembly polls in Tamilnadu, due in 2021, and contest from all the 234 seats. Moreover "Whenever the assembly elections are held," was the actor's brief response to a question as to when his political entry was expected?
When asked if he would take a decision based on the outcome of by-polls to 18 assembly segments held on Thursday along with 38 Lok Sabha seats, Rajinikanth said he will respond after the results are out. Furthermore to a question if the results may lead to assembly polls in the state and whether he would then face them, the actor shot back, "Ready to face, whenever they are held." Hence the outcome of the by-polls to a total of 22 assembly segments in Tamilnadu could decide the continuance of the AIADMK government in the state.
Moreover the by-polls to four other seats will be held on May 19 and in the 234-member House, the K Palaniswami government has 113 MLAs, excluding the Speaker. Perhaps it needs a simple majority of 117 to continue. Presently all eyes are on the outcome of the by-polls, as a loss for the AIADMK could well lead to the next assembly polls.
Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone Megastar Chiranjeevi along with his wife Surekha Konidela met Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy at the Chief Minister's official residence in Tadepalli on Monday as a courtesy call on Monday. This is the first time that the Chiranjeevi met him after YS Jagan took charge.
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB
- PM Modi's translator for Chinese President was 2007 batch IFS from Chennai