Reportedly Kuttanad native Govinda Pillai has been suffering from age related ailments for the last decade or so. Meanwhile at 110, the former firewood cutter belonging to the Aelimadathil house cannot hear, cannot walk and seldom steps out of his house, but on April 23, Govinda Pillai will be present at the polling booth in Alappuzha to exercise his franchise in the world’s biggest election, just like over 2,000 other centenarians in Kerala who will get out and cast their vote.
The 110 year old’s son Purushothama Pillai tells “My father has been a long time supporter of the Congress party. He has voted in every election as far as he can remember. Now, he can barely walk but he insists that he will cast his vote this election. So we will arrange a car and wheelchair and take him to the booth on April 23”.
Moreover Govinda Pillai votes in the southern district of Alappuzha, up north in Kasaragode, 101year old KN Sham Bhat will exercise his franchise in Kumbala panchayat, Manjeshwaram. Apparently the relatives of these centenarian voters say that booth officials have been helpful in the past too and have given priority to aged voters, so as to not make them wait in queues to cast their vote.
IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories Reportedly the subscribers to the initial public offering (IPO) of the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) are now eagerly waiting for the allotment of shares, which was concluded yesterday, as market experts predict a bumper listing for the PSU (public sector unit) stock. Meanwhile the IRCTC IPO had closed on October 3 and was subscribed nearly 112 times on the back of strong demand across investor categories.
- Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike
- 4 National Level Hockey Players died in car crash in MP
- PM Modi has 30 Million followers on Instagram
- When will TSRTC strike come to an end?
- India gets started on a rail link between Raxaul in Bihar to the Nepalese capital
- Air India says issues regarding aviation fuel payments would be resolved early
- Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today