New Delhi sources stated that voting began on Tuesday for 116 Lok Sabha seats, including all constituencies in Gujarat and Kerala, with BJP president Amit Shah, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi and several Union ministers among prominent candidates in the fray. Meanwhile, about 18.56 crore voters are eligible for voting in the third phase of the elections, for which 2.10 lakh polling booths/stations have been set up.
Presently the Election Commission has made elaborate security arrangements. Furthermore all seats in Gujarat (26) and Kerala (20), voting will be held in four seats in Assam, five in Bihar, seven in Chhattisgarh, 14 each in Karnataka and Maharashtra, six in Odisha, 10 in Uttar Pradesh, five in West Bengal, two in Goa, and one each in Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu and Tripura. Reportedly voting in Tripura East constituency, which was earlier scheduled for April 18, is also being held, as also in a part of the Anantnag Lok Sabha seat in Jammu and Kashmir, where elections are being held in three phases.
Moreover, voting is also being held in some Assembly constituencies in Odisha, Gujarat, and Goa. Apparently, in the first two phases, the election was held to 91 and 96 Lok Sabha seats on April 11 and April 18 respectively. Perhaps this phase will decide the fate of the heads of the BJP and Congress Shah, who replaced L K Advani as the party nominee from Gandhinagar in Gujarat, and Gandhi, who is contesting from Wayanad in Kerala besides his traditional Amethi seat in Uttar Pradesh.
HD Kumaraswamy turned down his invitation to attend opposition meeting in Delhi Reportedly Karnataka Chief Minister’s Office on Tuesday morning issued a statement confirming that Kumaraswamy would not attend the scheduled meeting of opposition parties organized at the insistence of Naidu. Meanwhile with fissures emerging in JD(S) Congress coalition in Karnataka, the JD(S) may well snap ties with Congress in the event of BJP led NDA returns to power at the Centre.
- South Central Railways runs Special trains for Hyderabad & Kakinada
- Will TV9 CEO be granted anticipatory bail?
- TRAI could come out with a separate consultation paper on video OTTs
- Will Sumalatha overtake Kumaraswamy's Son in Karnataka Exit Polls?
- Another person attacks Pawan Kalyan
- Modi is definitely not Vajpayee
- What Arvind Kejriwal spoke to Akhilesh Yadav over telephonic conversation?
- Stalin keen on cabinet berths for DMK & not following principles: AIADMK
- Actress Elle Fanning faints at Cannes and shocks fans around!
- You can work as a Social Media Manager and your salary is 26 Lakhs!
- Ahmedabad man covers his car with COW DUNG to keep it cool...
- TDP Will Split in To Two Parts After the Results
- Nizamabad witnessed highest temperature in Telangana at 44.4 degree Celsius
- Pawan Kalyan's Three Days Camp in Vijayawada for the Counting Day
- What did JD Lakshmi Narayana say about Exit Polls?