According to sources finding himself in the center of a raging controversy over his "free india's first extremist was a Hindu" remark, Makkal Needhi Maiyam founder kamal hassan Wednesday said he had only spoken about what was a 'historic truth.' Meanwhile, the actor cum politician asked his detractors to make "valid allegations", asking if he could cater to only one section of people after entering active politics.
Furthermore, he said truth would triumph like the "historic truth he mentioned." He said "Understand the meaning for the word extremist. I could have used the word terrorist or murderer (against Godse)... ours is active politics, there won't be any violence," while resorting to wordplay in Tamil to drive home his point. Meanwhile, the MNM leader alleged his speech was edited selectively and took a dig at his detractors, saying the charges leveled against him "apply to his media friends also."
Moreover stroking a controversy, Hassan had said on Sunday that "free india's first extremist was a Hindu", referring to Nathuram Godse who killed Mahatma Gandhi. He had said "He is not saying this because this is a Muslim-dominated area, but I am saying this before a statue of Gandhi. Free india's first extremist was a Hindu, his name is Nathuram Godse. There it (extremism, apparently) starts".
Revanth repeats Lagadapati drama! Entire Telangana Police Department is searching for one person right from morning. Congress party has called for seizing Pragathi Bhavan in support of RTC demands. Police has start searching for Congress party leaders and make them under house arrest.
- TDP To Lose Deposit in Huzoornagar
- Record Voter Turnout in Huzoornagar
- TDP in Jitters Over Reverse-Tendering Savings
- TSRTC Did Not Have Funds To Pay Salaries
- TRS Confident of Winning Huzoornagar
- Maharashtra recorded 63% Voter Turnout, Haryana 61%, Polling Ends
- Jagan Manages Amit Shah's Appointment on Third Instance
- Key candidates in Haryana state assembly elections 2019
- Uttar Pradesh bypolls voting underway
- Appreciation certificate for first voter by EC in Madhya Pradesh
- Polling disrupted in Maharashtra due to faulty EVMs, Polling resumed
- Litmus test for BJP in Huzurnagar Bypolls
- Voting Halfway Down, More celebrities get their fingers inked
- Voting percentage below 20 in Maharashtra and Haryana elections till noon
- NASA makes record with 2 Women astronaut spacewalk for first time