Accordingly, Tamilnadu may soon see renewed vigor in boycotting Coca-Cola and Pepsi, two of the most popular carbonated beverages, in favor of more homegrown products. As per report Tamilnadu’s Trader Association- Vanigar Sangangalin Peravai-has called for a boycott of the beverages from August 15 onwards.
Meanwhile, this isn’t the first time the boycott call is being made. After the Jallikattu protests in Tamilnadu in 2017, trade associations had called for a boycott of Coke and Pepsi, but it lasted only for a few weeks. When speaking to TNM, Vanigar Sangangalin Peravai president T Vellaiyan said, “Two years ago, we strongly opposed Coca-Cola and Pepsi, and we demanded that they are banned. We asked the government, but they didn't."
Moreover Vellaiyan says that though the association that has around 1.5 million members boycotted the two companies on the grounds that health of people was being affected, Coke and Pepsi recaptured the market. He said “It' not just about the health of the people, but indigenous manufacturing is also being affected and the current central government's policies are favourable only to multinational companies".
Record Voter Turnout in Huzoornagar Polling has concluded in the crucial by-election to Huzurnagar Assembly constituency in the Suryapet district of Telangana where the ruling TRS, Congress are locked in a serious contest. According to official sources, 82.3 percent votes were polled to date and the final number will be even more
- TDP in Jitters Over Reverse-Tendering Savings
- TSRTC Did Not Have Funds To Pay Salaries
- TRS Confident of Winning Huzoornagar
- Maharashtra recorded 63% Voter Turnout, Haryana 61%, Polling Ends
- Jagan Manages Amit Shah's Appointment on Third Instance
- Key candidates in Haryana state assembly elections 2019
- Uttar Pradesh bypolls voting underway
- Appreciation certificate for first voter by EC in Madhya Pradesh
- Polling disrupted in Maharashtra due to faulty EVMs, Polling resumed
- Litmus test for BJP in Huzurnagar Bypolls
- Voting Halfway Down, More celebrities get their fingers inked
- Voting percentage below 20 in Maharashtra and Haryana elections till noon
- NASA makes record with 2 Women astronaut spacewalk for first time
- Opposition leaders step out to vote
- 5.79% Voter Turnout Till 10am in Maharashtra