Accordingly in a worrying development in the state, 245 engineering colleges affiliated to Anna University have registered less than 25% pass percentage in the November 2018 semester examination. Meanwhile to make matters worse, 84 colleges have less than 11% pass percentage while six colleges have recorded zero percentage of students who passed.
Furthermore these numbers were released by Anna University to highlight the academic performance of 481 non-autonomous colleges affiliated to it. As per reports, only 31 private engineering colleges affiliated to the University managed to get a pass percentage of more than 60% while 74 colleges recorded single digit pass percentage. Reportedly the performance by students this time around was poorer than the April examination where 396 colleges saw more than 25% pass percentage while 150 colleges registered above 50% pass percentage.
Moreover a retired faculty from the University has told TNIE, that it is the quality of education that must be blamed. “The education quality in majority of the private engineering colleges is decreasing day by day. Perhaps as they are not able to enroll academically good students in their institutes, many colleges are compromising on their quality and providing admissions to below average students”.
60 Lakhs For Every Jagan's Hyderabad Visit for Cases? Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy is demanding a permanent exemption from personal appearance in the cases in which he is the prime accused. The arguments on this petition have finished the other day and the CBI court posted the judgment to November 1st.
- Will Mother Dairy sell tomatoes at Rs.55 per Kg or below?
- Kerala's Kairali TV launches Jolly murder case as Solly serial killer
- CM Jagan's focus is to make AP healthier
- NASA makes record with 2 Women astronaut spacewalk for first time
- PM Modi expressed confidence that BJP will break all victory records in Maharashtra Assembly elections
- SC reserved judgment on bail plea of P Chidambaram
- Madras HC reserves order in the release of Bigil
- Some iconic faces who will be contesting Maharashtra Assembly election 2019
- Botsa Satyanarayan feels APs new Capital to be built based on public opinion
- Karnataka ranked as Most Innovative state in India
- Why Sonia Gandhi cancelled Haryana rally?
- Internet crazy over Viral letter exchanged between US & Turkey
- Why didn't RTC Management or Telangana Govt call RTC Employees for talks?
- Muslim parties accused SC appointed mediation panel of leaking proceedings in Ayodhya Case
- BJP confident in winning Maharashtra Assembly Elections with full majority