According to sources if you look at the overall polling percentages, YSR Congress got 51%, Telugu desam carved 39% and Janasena got a mere 6.5% of votes. Even though one might argue that even TDP and Janasena clubbed together, it can't beat YSRC, this is not the math one should look at.
Furthermore in many places, including Bhimavaram where pawan kalyan lost the mandate to YSRC candidate with a margin of 2700+ votes, the very first thought is that, support from TDP would have done miracles. Meanwhile Grandhi Srinivas (YSRC) got 55700+ votes, pawan fetched 53,000 votes and TDP's Pulavarthi Ramanjaneyulu got 44,323 votes polled.
Moreover in other words, has Telugu Desam party and pawan kalyan joined hands, then the result would have been different altogether. Apparently Telugudesam men have earlier made a mockery of pawan over the Janasenani's comments that TDP won in 2014 due to him. Presently TDP has lost due to him as many believed that there is a secret pact between them.
Oppositions are against everything I do: Modi According to sources in Lok Sabha Prime Minister Narendra Modi lashed out at Congress for failing to recognize the non-Gandhi Prime Ministers. Recently Modi responded on the EVM tampering and during the elections, there was a wide debate about EVMs and TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu extensively campaigned against use of EVMs in the elections.
- Why this BJP MLA beats Officer with bat?
- Nirmala Seetharaman is among 100 most influential in UK power list
- Union Cabinet approved proposed changes to Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill
- Passenger attack made Permit of Kallada Bus suspended for One Year
- Media is playing games with TDP!
- Nara Lokesh says Our resident at Amaravathi isn't illegal
- PM Modi replyied to 'Motion of Thanks on President's Address' in Rajya Sabha
- EC announced July 16 for polling 6 Rajya Sabha MPs from Tamilnadu
- 2026 Winter Olympics Venue is decided as Milan
- Kodi Kathi Accused Bail Extended
- Jagan Appoints Sub-Committee to Expose Chandrababu's Corruption
- Telangana Kailash Manasarovar Pilgrims who were stranded airlifted
- Jagan Gets One More Good News for Polavaram from the Center
- New Districts for AP from July
- Nandamuri Balakrishna's relative bid goodbye to TDP, joins BJP