Amaravathi sources stated that speculations were rife that the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) had offered the post of the Deputy Speaker of Lok Sabha to YSR Congress Party (YSRCP). Meanwhile this was further roused by the visit of the BJP spokesperson GVL Narasimha Rao who called on Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS jagan Mohan Reddy at his official residence on Tuesday.
Furthermore even before the meeting took place, several names were thrown up, including that of Araku MP and Goddeti madhavi who is also a tribal leader. When speaking to reporters after the meeting the BJP MP told reporters that it was only a courtesy call and that they did not discuss politics but only the issues related to the development of the state.
Moreover it is reported that since both the Congress and DMK declined the offer of Deputy Speaker's post, YSRCP, the third biggest opposition party, would be offered the post. Apparently it was later confirmed that he had come with the offer from Prime Minister Narendra modi and BJP president amit shah. Perhaps official sources said that YS jagan had sought time as the offer may have political implications back home and it is said that YS jagan is planning to consult senior leaders before accepting or declining the offer before taking a call.
Kodi Kathi Accused Bail Extended The National Investigation Agency (NIA) Court extended the bail period of Janupalli Srinivasa Rao till July 12. Srinivasa Rao is the prime accused in the attack-case against Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy in Visakhapatnam in October last year. The court did not heed to the NIA's request to cancel his bail.
- Jagan Appoints Sub-Committee to Expose Chandrababu's Corruption
- Telangana Kailash Manasarovar Pilgrims who were stranded airlifted
- Jagan Gets One More Good News for Polavaram from the Center
- New Districts for AP from July
- Nandamuri Balakrishna's relative bid goodbye to TDP, joins BJP
- Praja Vedika Building demolished in Amaravathi
- Seven Crore Public Money Siphoned Off in Praja Vedika?
- Tollway price hiked from July 1 in Bengaluru
- Dollar index decreased 0.24% at 95.9838 in late trading
- Controversy erupted over removal of portrait of Rajinikanth from Bigg Boss Tamil 3 house
- Ms Carroll accused Mr. Trump of sexually assaulting her in 1990s
- Chandrababu Naidu's family members security removed by CM Jagan
- What Malladi Vishnu did as VGTM-UDA Chairman?
- Dayanidhi Maran attacks AIADMK Govt regard to water crisis in Tamilnadu
- Slug blamed for delaying dozens of trains in Japan