Chennai sources made a statement that Bringing huge respite for shriveled Chennai, rains lashed several parts of the city here on Saturday. Meanwhile this comes on the same day as the Tamilnadu government, resorting to prayers in the face of acute water scarcity, conducted special 'Yajna' at Patteeswarar temple in Perur.
Furthermore State water supply minister S P Velumani was also present during the special prayers. Reportedly a similar event was reported from Madurai earlier in June, where unique prayers were offered to rain gods.
Reports added that Tamilnadu has been reeling under acute water stress for the past several months as Chennai's Porur Lake, one of the main sources of water has reached its lowest level. Moreover, scorching heat and delayed monsoon have further exacerbated the situation. The rain had chilled many places and the commuters ran here and there to escape from the rain and few enjoyed it.
Widespread criticism raised in Chandrayaan 2 issue According to sources ever since India's Space Research Organisation has cancelled the supposed Chandrayaan 2 mission launch, there is a widespread criticism on the space agency regarding the last-minute change in plans. Meanwhile especially some journalists who were invited to the launch program have made some scathing remarks.
- Why this BJP MLA criticizes Muslims?
- Ravi Prakash's Future Plan Announcement in August
- YS Jagan constituted Cabinet Sub-Committee to review PPAs
- Hyderabad Woman jumped from 4th floor with 3 year kid
- This 12 year Girl runs a Free Library in Kochi
- Chennai Corporation specified penalty amounts for those who do not comply with plastic ban
- Uber Eats to boost business in Small Town
- Ram Madhav confirmed on humiliation at TANA?
- Siddaramaiah announces Trust Vote on Thursday at Karnataka Assembly
- Chandrababu has nothing to do with Kia Motors, wide publicity which is untrue!
- Why Chandrayaan 2 launch called off?
- Telugu Bigg Boss Season 3 gearing up, List of Contestants here
- AP BJP Pins All Hopes on Sujana Chowdary
- Bunking Conspiracies, Investors Bee-lining to AP After Jagan Becoming CM
- Ravi Prakash New News Channel Named R-Plus?