Reportedly rejecting speculations that he will resign after the cabinet meeting on Thursday, Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy told the media that there was no need for him to resign. He told the media "Why should I resign? What is the necessity?". Furthermore when asked how he could continue since 16 MLAs had resigned, Kumaraswamy said, "In 2008- 2009, 18 MLAs had rebelled against BS Yeddyurappa. Did he resign?" Kumaraswamy retorted. Kumaraswamy was referring to the 2009 rebellion when Yeddyurappa was Chief Minister.
Reportedly at the time 43 MLAs had resigned, sending their resignation to then Tourism Minister and mining baron Janardhana Reddy and then Speaker Jagadish Shettar. Meanwhile at the time Yeddyurappa refused to accept the resignations, instead offering a compromise formula of a reshuffle in his cabinet to quell the rebellion. Further months later, Yeddyurappa found himself in a crisis once again, with 18 BJP MLAs withdrawing support to his government. At the time, Kumaraswamy was accused of bringing together dissident BJP MLAs.
Moreover with Assembly Speaker Ramesh Kumar saying that the MLAs have to come before him personally to submit their resignations, the Congress hopes that once these MLAs reach Bengaluru, they will be able to meet and convince them.
Devotees donating Rs 10,000 to Srivani Trust may get VIP darshan in Tirupati Reportedly VIP break darshan, which gives privileged access to those close to the powers that be, is soon going to be available even to devotees, with some conditions. Presently the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD) is contemplating linking a certain number of VIP break darshan tickets to donations made to the Srivani trust. Meanwhile the scheme, for which the modalities are being drawn up, is said to be the brain
- FMs Budget presentation indicates Modi government does not practice culture of exchanging suitcases
- World Bank withdrew from Amaravati due to Corruption, say AP officials
- Ganta Blackmailing Chandrababu Naidu?
- CM Jagan Announces A New Record of Both the Telugu States
- Telangana DGP warns about Cyber Criminals Online
- House in Telangana's urban areas will no longer require permissions from local bodies
- Unnecessary issue for Telangana Home Minister by his Grandson in TikTok
- Huge drop sees in Hotel Occupancy rate in Vijayawada!
- Are you Aged yourself in FaceApp which is going viral
- Kishan Reddy To Be Telangana BJP CM Candidate?
- 2766 Crore Power Scam in TDP Regime
- CM Jagan Takes A Historic Decision for Social Justice
- Infosys co-founder awarded honorary degree of Doctor of Science by University of London
- Holiday declared for all schools & colleges in Karnataka today due to Heavy Rain
- 4 Dams shutters opened in Kerala due to heavy rain