Washington sources said officials would obtain the information through an executive order for government agencies, as court challenges would have delayed a census. Meanwhile the retreat follows a long fight over the inclusion of the question, which the Supreme Court blocked in June.
Furthermore critics called the question politically motivated and said it would lead to fewer immigrant households taking part. Reportedly the administration had argued that the question would bolster protections for minority voters. On Thursday, Mr Trump said: "We are not backing down on our effort to determine the citizenship status of the united states population and we will leave no stone unturned."
Moreover he said his executive order would require other government agencies to provide the Census Bureau with documents regarding citizenship. Mr Trump said at the White House "As a result of today's executive order we will be able to ensure the 2020 census generates an accurate count of how many citizens, non-citizens and illegal aliens are in the United States of America". Attorney General William Barr said the decision to abandon the citizenship question was a "logistical impediment, not a legal one".
10 Lakh For Every Family in KCR's Native Village Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao got a rousing reception at his native village in Chintamadaka of Siddipet district on Monday. Though KCR had spent a lot of time in his childhood in Chintamadaka, he hardly visited the place after he became the chief minister, except on the polling day.
- Heavy rainfall at isolated places over Tamilnadu & Puducherry for next 72 hours
- WB would extend special $1 billion assistance to AP for its development
- Chandrayaan-2 launched Creating History in Indian Space Research
- Chandrayaan 2 launch Today: ISRO
- Is Yogi Adithyanath ruling UP like a Dictator? Telangana Congress
- July 27 an inaugural special train for Bengaluru-Mysury MEMU Train
- Heavy rainfall predicted to next 24 Hours in Kerala
- PM Modi expressed his condolences for longest serving CM of Delhi Sheila Dikshit
- BJP keen to appoint a Union Minister from AP & Who is he?
- Is Pawan's attitude changed as far as Bhimawaram fans are concerned?
- Devotees donating Rs 10,000 to Srivani Trust may get VIP darshan in Tirupati
- FMs Budget presentation indicates Modi government does not practice culture of exchanging suitcases
- World Bank withdrew from Amaravati due to Corruption, say AP officials
- Ganta Blackmailing Chandrababu Naidu?
- CM Jagan Announces A New Record of Both the Telugu States