Accordingly the success story of the waste management system in Alappuzha municipality the ‘Venice of the East has spread far and wide, as officials from across the country are lining up to study how the garbage-strewn town has cleaned itself up. Meanwhile rom the north eastern state of meghalaya to the city of Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh to Jammu and Kashmir, officials are flocking to this 46.77 square kilometer area to study the municipality’s ‘zero waste’ story.
Furthermore impressed with the solid waste management measures taken by Alappuzha municipality, the urban affairs department of meghalaya has decided replicate certain projects in Shillong. Recently, the director of Kanpur Smart City also visited to learn about Alappuzha town’s waste management model. Further the secret of this success story is based on a decentralized waste management system, along with the continuous efforts local body authorities to ensure that this is followed.
Moreover instead of collecting all the garbage produced by around 1.7 lakh people in the municipality and dumping it in a single spot, then starting waste management processes, in decentralized waste management, the waste is treated at the source of production itself. Perhaps even as other states are studying lessons from the Alappuzha model, its neighbor, Kochi, choking under a huge waste management crisis, has learnt nothing from its neighbor.
BJP made scrapping of Article 370 its main talking point in assembly elections in Haryana & Maharashtra Sources from Pune stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who was addressing a rally in poll bound Maharashtra's Pune district on Thursday, made a surprising gesture to his audience while speaking on his government's recent decision to scrap Article 370, which granted special status to Jammu and Kashmir. Meanwhile as the crowd cheered for him, he halted his speech, stepped aside from the dais and bowed before the public twice.
- PMC Bank came under RBI scanner
- Kerala Cops searches Jolly's friend seen in many photos
- Northeast Monsoon intensified in Tamilnadu
- Will AP Secretaries stop Fake News?
- Telangana's new Liquor Policy received 41,000 applications
- Will TRS predicts Huzurnagar Bye Election Result?
- AIADMK announced candidates for Assembly by-polls
- Nirav Modi remanded to Prison until November 11
- Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations