Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy said that he was ready for a trust vote in light of the recent political crisis in the state. Meanwhile Speaker KR Ramesh Kumar is expected to set a time and date for the exercise. When speaking on the floor of the Assembly, Kumaraswamy said, “Today there is turmoil in our state. Legislators are rebelling. I have not come here to become the CM forever. I know that I can't. In the current situation, I feel it's necessary that I move for a trust vote. I request you to grant me appropriate time for it.”
He added “If the Speaker permits, he is ready to prove majority in the House”. Furthermore Kumaraswamy's speech comes just minutes after the Supreme Court gave the ruling coalition a much-needed breather and the SC bench headed by Chief Justice of india Ranjan Gogoi ordered that status quo be maintained in the case pertaining to the resignation and disqualification of 10 members of the Karnataka Legislative Assembly and the next hearing in the case is on Tuesday.
Moreover it comes as a surprise that the Chief Minister is seeking a trust vote since the Karnataka government is on shaky ground. Sixteen MLAs of the coalition including three JD(S) MLAs and 13 Congress MLAs have so far submitted their resignation letters to the Speaker. Furthermore complicating the situation is the fact that the Congress has moved a petition before the Speaker asking him to disqualify two rebel MLAs Ramesh Jarkiholi and Mahesh Kumathalli.
BJP confident in winning Maharashtra Assembly Elections with full majority Reportedly in a veiled message to the Shiv Sena, Home Minister Amit Shah asserted that it is not impossible for the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) to receive absolute majority in the upcoming Maharashtra Assembly election. Meanwhile in an exclusive interview with leading network, Shah predicted a two thirds majority for the BJP-Shiv Sena "gathbandhan". Even though the home minister accepted
- BJP made scrapping of Article 370 its main talking point in assembly elections in Haryana & Maharashtra
- PMC Bank came under RBI scanner
- Kerala Cops searches Jolly's friend seen in many photos
- Northeast Monsoon intensified in Tamilnadu
- Will AP Secretaries stop Fake News?
- Telangana's new Liquor Policy received 41,000 applications
- Will TRS predicts Huzurnagar Bye Election Result?
- AIADMK announced candidates for Assembly by-polls
- Nirav Modi remanded to Prison until November 11
- Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo