Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy said that he was ready for a trust vote in light of the recent political crisis in the state. Meanwhile Speaker KR Ramesh Kumar is expected to set a time and date for the exercise. When speaking on the floor of the Assembly, Kumaraswamy said, “Today there is turmoil in our state. Legislators are rebelling. I have not come here to become the CM forever. I know that I can't. In the current situation, I feel it's necessary that I move for a trust vote. I request you to grant me appropriate time for it.”
He added “If the Speaker permits, he is ready to prove majority in the House”. Furthermore Kumaraswamy's speech comes just minutes after the Supreme Court gave the ruling coalition a much-needed breather and the SC bench headed by Chief Justice of india Ranjan Gogoi ordered that status quo be maintained in the case pertaining to the resignation and disqualification of 10 members of the Karnataka Legislative Assembly and the next hearing in the case is on Tuesday.
Moreover it comes as a surprise that the Chief Minister is seeking a trust vote since the Karnataka government is on shaky ground. Sixteen MLAs of the coalition including three JD(S) MLAs and 13 Congress MLAs have so far submitted their resignation letters to the Speaker. Furthermore complicating the situation is the fact that the Congress has moved a petition before the Speaker asking him to disqualify two rebel MLAs Ramesh Jarkiholi and Mahesh Kumathalli.
Devotees donating Rs 10,000 to Srivani Trust may get VIP darshan in Tirupati Reportedly VIP break darshan, which gives privileged access to those close to the powers that be, is soon going to be available even to devotees, with some conditions. Presently the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD) is contemplating linking a certain number of VIP break darshan tickets to donations made to the Srivani trust. Meanwhile the scheme, for which the modalities are being drawn up, is said to be the brain
- FMs Budget presentation indicates Modi government does not practice culture of exchanging suitcases
- World Bank withdrew from Amaravati due to Corruption, say AP officials
- Ganta Blackmailing Chandrababu Naidu?
- CM Jagan Announces A New Record of Both the Telugu States
- Telangana DGP warns about Cyber Criminals Online
- House in Telangana's urban areas will no longer require permissions from local bodies
- Unnecessary issue for Telangana Home Minister by his Grandson in TikTok
- Huge drop sees in Hotel Occupancy rate in Vijayawada!
- Are you Aged yourself in FaceApp which is going viral
- Kishan Reddy To Be Telangana BJP CM Candidate?
- 2766 Crore Power Scam in TDP Regime
- CM Jagan Takes A Historic Decision for Social Justice
- Infosys co-founder awarded honorary degree of Doctor of Science by University of London
- Holiday declared for all schools & colleges in Karnataka today due to Heavy Rain
- 4 Dams shutters opened in Kerala due to heavy rain