Sources from Chennai stated that the 20 hour countdown for the July 15 morning lift-off of india’s heavy rocket carrying the Chandrayaan-2 spacecraft began at 6:51 am on Sunday. The rocket has been nicknamed the “Bahubali”. Reportedly K Sivan, Chairman, Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), told “The countdown started at 6.51 am”. About 16-minutes into its flight, the Rs 375 crore GSLV-Mk III rocket is expected to sling the Rs 603 crore Chandrayaan-2 into an Earth parking 170x40400 km orbit.
Furthermore from there, it will be a long journey for the Chandrayaan-2 spacecraft carrying lander-vikram and rover-Pragyaan will travel further to the moon. Meanwhile during the countdown, the rocket and spacecraft’s systems will undergo checks and fuel will be filled to power the rocket engines. Reportedly to date, ISRO has sent up three GSLV-Mk III rockets. Chandrayaan-2, india’s second Moon mission, has evoked great interest in Western media, with many saying the mission costs less than half of the budget of Hollywood blockbuster “Avengers Endgame”.
Sputnik said "The total cost of the Chandrayaan-2 mission is about USD 124 million, which includes a USD 31 million price tag for the launch and USD 93 million for the satellite. The cost is less than half of the budget of Hollywood blockbuster "Avengers Endgame", which had an estimated budget of USD 356 million".
2 Ex-Military Officials, 3 Former IAS Officers go to Supreme Court regarding Article 370 Earlier, Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi said that the way Article 370 has been scrapped is totally unconstitutional. The Congress general secretary said, "There are rules to be followed when such things are done. But here nothing is followed.
- Why Chandrababu Naidu asked to vacate house?
- Jagan Faces Uphill Task to foot the bill for Navaratnalu
- Carrying a MacBook Pro during Flight Travel? Well from now you can't as they are banned by Federal Aviation Administration
- Chandrababu Better Than Jagan: BJP Leader
- Blaze at AIIMS Delhi where former Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley was admitted in ICU
- Janasena To Prepare Jagan's 100 Days Progress Report
- YSRCP - Success in Election Management but failed in Flood Management
- Jagan Sacrifice Personal Life for State Interests
- Rahul Gandhi starts distributing kits to Flood hit Wayanad Families
- This Cop caught by ACB for getting Bribe after receiving Best Constable Award
- Chennai Metro Rail Limited launched Feeder service at flat rate of Rs.10
- Sanyas Kumar is visually impaired but has qualified in the OPSC in Odisha
- NASA monitoring deadly asteroid that might impact Earth by April 2020
- Paytm looking to increase user engagement on the app
- PM Narendra Modi gives assurance for the growth of Auto sector