Sriharikota sources stated that the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) said less than an hour before liftoff; india's second mission to Moon, Chandrayaan-2 on board GSLVMkIII-M1 was on July 15 called off due to a technical snag. Meanwhile the countdown to the launch scheduled for 2.51 am was stopped 56 minutes and 24 seconds before liftoff at 1.55 am following the announcement from the Mission Control Centre.
Furthermore confusion prevailed for several minutes before ISRO came out with an official confirmation about the launch being cancelled. ISRO Associate Director (Public Relations), B R Guruprasad said "A technical snag was observed in the launch vehicle system at t-minus 56 minutes. As a measure of abundant precaution Chandrayaan 2 launch has been called off for today".
He added "Revised launch date will be announced later”. Moreover another ISRO official said "Launch is called off due to technical snag. It is not possible to make the launch within the (launch) window. (A new) launch schedule will be announced later." Earlier the Chandrayaan-2 was supposed to explore the uncharted lunar south Pole, 11 years after ISRO's successful first lunar mission Chandrayaan-1, which made more than 3,400 orbits around the moon and was operational for 312 days till August 29, 2009.
School prank turned tragic in AP Reportedly a prank by some students in a school in Andhra Pradesh to bully a Class 1 student, led to his tragic death, as he was locked up in a toilet for several hours. Meanwhile as per report the incident had taken place on August 17 at a government school in Punganur in the state's Chittoor district. Furthermore the boy was identified as 6 year old Harshavardhan.
- Usha Financial Services accelerating 25 fintechs in India to boost digital lending
- SC Judge refers Chidambaram case to CJI - No relief to Chidambaram!
- Kerala Doctors warns people of Fungal Infections after floods
- Why Pawan investing Crores in a Bungalow than on something?
- Facebook and Twitter shuts state backed Chinese accounts
- Chidambaram faces prosecution on Indrani and Peter Statements
- Ola hits milestone of 10,000 destinations last weekend with an interesting customer report
- GAIL plans for expansion of Pipelines & City Gas Network
- 1,000 Indian restaurants decided to pull out of membership and restaurant reservation apps
- 150 First Year Students forced to shave heads under the name of ragging
- Yamuna River breaches danger mark in Delhi
- P Chidambaram moves to Supreme Court after Bail gets rejected - CBI fails to mention provision of law says Chidambaram's Lawyer
- Why Trump had telephonic conversation between Modi & Imran Khan?
- ISRO made a spectacular achievement in its Moon Mission
- Indefinite strike from August 21 by TN Private Water Tankers Association