Accordingly the Chennai Corporation has collected Rs 45 lakh as fine from violators of the plastic ban enforced by the government of Tamilnadu. According to report, this amount has been collected in less than a month since the Corporation announced the penalty amounts. Meanwhile it was announced in June that those who don’t comply with the plastic ban regulations of the state government will be levied a fine of up to Rs 1 lakh.
Furthermore the fine, which is levied in four categories, will be imposed if the Corporation officers find plastic in shops during their searches. If any industrial unit is found storing, supplying, transporting, selling and distributing single-use plastics, the fine for first time offence is Rs 25,000. Hence if the same unit is found violating the law again, the penalty will be increased to Rs 50,000 and Rs 1 lakh if the unit commits the offence a third time. If the industrial unit is found not complying with the ban orders a fourth time, their trade license will be cancelled.
Moreover the fine amount ranges between Rs 10,000 and Rs 20,000 for malls, supermarkets and kalyana mandapams depending on the repetition of offences. Meanwhile the penalty amount for smaller commercial establishments varies between Rs 1,000 and Rs 5,000, for street vendors the fine amount ranges from Rs 100 to Rs 500. Perhaps since January 1, when the plastic ban in the state came into force, more than 250 tonnes of banned plastic items have been seized by the Corporation officials.
BIG BREAKING: Former Union Minister Arun Jaitley passes away at AIIMS Former union finance minister Arun Jaitley has passed away today at 12:07 following health issues. The health of former finance minister Arun Jaitley, who had been admitted in AIIMS had deteriorated yesterday. Arun Jaitley had been rushed to All India Institute of Medical Sciences on August 9 following breath issues and he was on life support.
- Air India defaulted on payments to oil retailers to tune of Rs 4,500 Crore
- CTF demands corridor to transport Apples from Kashmir to Jammu
- Women's workload doubled after floods in Kerala
- Trump ready to meditate or do something to resolve Kashmir issue
- Nellore to get Aluminum Alloy Development facility
- Heavy Rain warning issued to AP for next 48 hours
- International outcry prompted Norway and Germany to halt donations to Brazil's Amazon fund
- First look picture of Moon sent by Chandrayaan 2: ISRO
- Vijaya Sai Reddy Complaints to Modi About BJP State Leaders?
- Jagan's New Adviser Draws Controversy
- Tirupati Christian Tickets Controversy Around TDP's Neck Now
- President Trump likely to hear from PM Modi about plans for human rights in Kashmir
- What is the reality behind owning a home in Kashmir valley?
- Do you know where Worlds most unhealthy food from is?
- Jet Airways may go into liquidation