Previously in 2010, the Indian government declared July 24 the National Income Tax Day. Perhaps this is just six days before July 31, which is the last date for filing an income tax return (ITR) which is mandatory for anybody earning over Rs 250,000 annually. Meanwhile on an average, an urban professional falls under the tax bracket right from the beginning of his/her career. Taxes and returns are a critical part of responsible financial management, and hence it is imperative to file a tax return before the due date.
Filing an ITR legitimizes one's earnings, and in case of excess tax paid to the government, one can always claim a refund. Furthermore even though it is not compulsory to file a return if the total income is below taxable limit, it is beneficial to do so. Apparently an ITR is the best document of proof of income. The process also makes one eligible for loans, since the ITR of the three years gone is what banks require to judge the pay-back capacity of the loan seeker.
Moreover absence of an ITR can also reduce the chances of getting a visa to travel abroad. ITR also becomes imperative to obtain a high life cover insurance policy or high-limit credit card. Reportedly technical jargon and excessive paperwork can make filing an ITR seem tedious, but this is now easier than ever before and merely a few clicks away. Hence to begin with, you need to have a few documents in place PAN card, bank account details, Form 16, Form 26AS and proof of investments, which are useful for tax filing. All one needs to do is register on and follow guidelines. After filing ITR successfully, any excess tax paid will be credited to the bank account in approximately three to four months.
Chidambaram faces prosecution on Indrani and Peter Statements Promoter of INX Media, Indrani Mukerjea and Peter Mukerjea’s statements to the Enforcement Directorate played a crucial part on prosecution of Chidambaram INX Media money laundering case.Indrani also met Chidambaram after INX Media application was submitted to FIPB along with her husband peter and senior company executive at his office in North Block, Delhi.
- GAIL plans for expansion of Pipelines & City Gas Network
- 1,000 Indian restaurants decided to pull out of membership and restaurant reservation apps
- 150 First Year Students forced to shave heads under the name of ragging
- Yamuna River breaches danger mark in Delhi
- P Chidambaram moves to Supreme Court after Bail gets rejected - CBI fails to mention provision of law says Chidambaram's Lawyer
- Why Trump had telephonic conversation between Modi & Imran Khan?
- Delhi HC dismissed anticipatory bail plea of P Chidambaram in corruption and money laundering cases
- ISRO made a spectacular achievement in its Moon Mission
- Indefinite strike from August 21 by TN Private Water Tankers Association
- Donald Trump said his administration was "doing very well with China"
- Zakir Naik banned from Preaching Islam in Malaysia
- Zomato partnered with FarEye, fastest growing digital logistics companies
- Two weeks extended to CBI to investigate Unnao Accident probe by SC
- Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival
- KTR angry on BJPs work ethics