Reportedly notwithstanding the opposition being raised by the employees of Air india, the government appears to keen on moving ahead with the disinvestment in the national carrier. Meanwhile the first signs came when the Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman made it clear in her budget speech in Parliament that the government has intentions of selling off the airline. Furthermore the huge target of over Rs 1 lakh crore that the FM set for disinvestment cannot be achieved if it does not include Air india.
It is now being reported that the government wants to find a suitable buyer as soon as possible and will roll out road shows to highlight the virtues of taking over the airline. Furthermore the government has expressed its willingness to even meet with the interested buyers, if required, even if they have not joined in the expression of interest race. Apparently the prospective bidders may be allowed to inspect portions of the airline’s accounts apart from the proposed agreement for purchase of the shares.
Moreover these details have been reported out of information provided by sources and not exactly confirmed by either Air india officially or any government sources. According to these sources, the government may allow the bidders to offer their suggestions for changes in the terms of the agreement. Moreover it may be recalled that the government made one attempt at trying to partially disinvest in Air india but did not succeed. It is then that the government reviewed the decision.
Jagan Faces Uphill Task to foot the bill for Navaratnalu YSR Congress government in Andhra Pradesh faces an uphill task of raising the additional resources to pool in the series of sops announced during last two-and-half months needing a whopping Rs 50,000 crore. But the State Government is already suffering from a Revenue Deficit of 45000 Crore.
- Carrying a MacBook Pro during Flight Travel? Well from now you can't as they are banned by Federal Aviation Administration
- Chandrababu Better Than Jagan: BJP Leader
- Blaze at AIIMS Delhi where former Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley was admitted in ICU
- Janasena To Prepare Jagan's 100 Days Progress Report
- YSRCP - Success in Election Management but failed in Flood Management
- Jagan Sacrifice Personal Life for State Interests
- Rahul Gandhi starts distributing kits to Flood hit Wayanad Families
- This Cop caught by ACB for getting Bribe after receiving Best Constable Award
- Chennai Metro Rail Limited launched Feeder service at flat rate of Rs.10
- Sanyas Kumar is visually impaired but has qualified in the OPSC in Odisha
- NASA monitoring deadly asteroid that might impact Earth by April 2020
- Paytm looking to increase user engagement on the app
- PM Narendra Modi gives assurance for the growth of Auto sector
- Karnataka in need of more Central Aid for flood relief
- Vistara benefited after closure of Jet Airways