Reportedly Prime Minister Narendra modi will address the Indian-American community here on September 22 during his visit to the US for the UN General Assembly session, according to the organizers of the Howdy modi event. Houston, which has one of the largest concentration of over 500,000 Indian-American community in the US, is the energy capital of the world. Energy security is a priority area for the Prime Minister.
Reportedly "Howdy, modi!", the Indian-American community summit, will be hosted by the Texas india Forum, the Houston-based non-profit which is expected to bring together tens of thousands of people. Howdy", shorthand for 'How do you do?', is a friendly greetings commonly used in southwestern united states. Meanwhile in addition to modi's address, the program is also expected to include a cultural program that showcases the Indian-American community and will be broadcast live online and on television channels reaching over 1 billion people across the US and india, the organizers said.
Moreover regarding modi's trip to Houston, Mayor Sylvestor Turner, who took a trade delegation to india in November last, said, "I look forward with excitement to Prime Minister modi's visit as this historic visit will strengthen the already robust bonds between Houston and india on trade, culture, tourism and more". "The event is expected to bring together tens of thousands of people to encourage and explore common interests and an expanded partnership between the united states and india's fast growing economy.
GAIL plans for expansion of Pipelines & City Gas Network New Delhi sources stated that its chairman Ashutosh Karnatak said on Tuesday that state owned gas utility GAIL India Ltd will invest over Rs 45,000 crore over the next five years to expand the National Gas Grid and city gas distribution network. Karnatak said at the company's annual general meeting of shareholders "At present, your company is expanding the natural gas pipeline network by executing
- 1,000 Indian restaurants decided to pull out of membership and restaurant reservation apps
- 150 First Year Students forced to shave heads under the name of ragging
- Yamuna River breaches danger mark in Delhi
- P Chidambaram moves to Supreme Court after Bail gets rejected - CBI fails to mention provision of law says Chidambaram's Lawyer
- Why Trump had telephonic conversation between Modi & Imran Khan?
- Delhi HC dismissed anticipatory bail plea of P Chidambaram in corruption and money laundering cases
- ISRO made a spectacular achievement in its Moon Mission
- Indefinite strike from August 21 by TN Private Water Tankers Association
- Donald Trump said his administration was "doing very well with China"
- Zakir Naik banned from Preaching Islam in Malaysia
- Zomato partnered with FarEye, fastest growing digital logistics companies
- Two weeks extended to CBI to investigate Unnao Accident probe by SC
- Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival
- KTR angry on BJPs work ethics
- Mumbai will soon see a Multichannel offer through IKEA