Reportedly with the Southwest monsoon gaining strength and heavy rains continuing in Idukki district and the catchment area of the periyar river, shutters of four dams coming under Idukki and Ernakulam districts have been opened. As per report one shutter each of the Kallarkutty and Pambla dams, two shutters of the malankara dam in Idukki and nine shutters of Boothathankettu dam situated in Ernakulam district were opened on Friday.
Furthermore those living along the banks of the periyar River and its tributaries have been asked to be cautious as there is a possibility of water levels rising exponentially if heavy rains persist. Apparently irrigation department has also opened two shutters of malankara dam situated across Thoduppuzha River, a tributary of Muvattupuzha River. Further as the water level reached 135.30 feet, two shutters of malankara dam have also been opened and 26.77 cumec water is being discharged from the dam.
Moreover Boothankettu situated across the periyar River in Ernakulam district, with a capacity of 169.7 million cubic meter, as of Friday afternoon had water level of 29.70 m. Perhaps with the experience of last year’s deluge and the criticism over mismanagement of dams, the state government machinery is now on high alert as Southwest monsoon is strengthening.
Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone Megastar Chiranjeevi along with his wife Surekha Konidela met Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy at the Chief Minister's official residence in Tadepalli on Monday as a courtesy call on Monday. This is the first time that the Chiranjeevi met him after YS Jagan took charge.
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB
- PM Modi's translator for Chinese President was 2007 batch IFS from Chennai