As per report holiday has been declared for schools and colleges in Dakshina Kannada district on Saturday after the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) predicted heavy rains and issued a red alert in the district for the next five days. A statement by the Dakshina Kannada district administration read "Due to a warning by IMD of heavy rainfall in coastal Karnataka from July 20 to 22. Every day over 200 mm rainfall is forecast and red alert has been issued. Taking note of this, the district administration has declared a holiday to schools and colleges (government and private) on July 20”.
Meanwhile the advisory also warned children against going near water bodies while the fishing community has also been advised against entering the seas in the next few days. Furthermore the IMD has forecast over 200 mm rainfall for the next five days, the Karnataka State Natural Disaster Monitoring Centre (KSNDMC) predicted heavy to very heavy rains over coastal and Malnad regions of Karnataka.
Accordingly an official at the railway station confirmed that the rains did not disrupt the schedules of trains. Low lying areas near MG Road's Empire Mall were also inundated.
Why Trump had telephonic conversation between Modi & Imran Khan? Reportedly when describing the situation in Kashmir as tough, US President Donald Trump has urged India and Pakistan to work towards reducing tensions in the region. Meanwhile on calls to his good friends Prime Minister Modi and Prime Minister Khan of Pakistan, US President Donald Trump tweeted, Spoke to my two good friends, Prime Minister Modi of India, and Prime Minister Khan of Pakistan
- Delhi HC dismissed anticipatory bail plea of P Chidambaram in corruption and money laundering cases
- ISRO made a spectacular achievement in its Moon Mission
- Indefinite strike from August 21 by TN Private Water Tankers Association
- Donald Trump said his administration was "doing very well with China"
- Zakir Naik banned from Preaching Islam in Malaysia
- Zomato partnered with FarEye, fastest growing digital logistics companies
- Two weeks extended to CBI to investigate Unnao Accident probe by SC
- Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival
- KTR angry on BJPs work ethics
- Mumbai will soon see a Multichannel offer through IKEA
- Botcha Satyanarayana Hints At Capital Change?
- Distress Sale Begins in Amaravati With Jagan's Silence
- AP Government Fires on TDP Social Media Bad Propaganda
- Why Jayalalitha's Niece wants her party to merge with AIADMK?
- 75th Birth Anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi celebrated at his Memorial today