Andhra Pradesh government has ratified that huge irregularities had taken place under the TDP and pointed out that the Chandrababu government had needlessly bought power at a higher rate. Violating APERC guidelines, the TDP government had purchased surplus power at a higher rate from 2015-16 to 2018-19.
The Chandrababu government had tweaked the agreements process to cause benefit to a few companies and as a result, an additional burden of Rs. 2766 crore was placed on the state exchequer. Interestingly, 64% of the power purchase was done through 3 companies which indicates corruption and kickbacks.
It may be recalled that Chief Minister YS jagan Mohan Reddy has already constituted a Cabinet Sub Committee to review the PPAs comprising Finance Minister Buggana Rajendranath Reddy, Energy Minister Balineni srinivas Reddy, ajay Kallam among others. It has to be seen if the bosses in the previous government will be in trouble with their report.
Botcha Satyanarayana Hints At Capital Change? Minister of Municipal Administration and Urban Development, Botcha Satyanarayana speaking to the media in Vishakapatnam had hinted about a change in the Capital from Amaravati. This has triggered speculations.
- Distress Sale Begins in Amaravati With Jagan's Silence
- AP Government Fires on TDP Social Media Bad Propaganda
- Why Jayalalitha's Niece wants her party to merge with AIADMK?
- Zomato partnered with FarEye, fastest growing digital logistics companies
- Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival
- 75th Birth Anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi celebrated at his Memorial today
- Priyanka Gandhi lashes out Modi Government
- Rahul Gandhi remembered Rajiv Gandhi's Achievement in IT & Telecom industry
- Shah defended the law criminalizing triple talaq, saying it is going to benefit Muslims
- Donald Trump said his administration was "doing very well with China"
- Zakir Naik banned from Preaching Islam in Malaysia
- Two weeks extended to CBI to investigate Unnao Accident probe by SC
- A Make or Break Operation for Chandraayan 2
- KTR angry on BJPs work ethics
- Mumbai will soon see a Multichannel offer through IKEA