hyderabad sources reported that Congress activists, including women, staged a protest here Saturday against the detention of party leader priyanka Gandhi Vadra in Uttar Pradesh on July 19 when she insisted on going to Sonbhadra where 10 people were gunned down this week. Meanwhile the activists, led by its Telananga unit president M Anil Kumar Yadav, burnt an effigy of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister yogi Adityanath outside Gandhi Bhavan in the city, the party's headquarters in Telangana.
Furthermore they raised slogans against Adityanath, Prime Minister Narendra modi and the BJP. Reportedly AICC in charge of party affairs in Telangana R C Khuntia alleged that the "arrest" of priyanka Gandhi Vadra is undemocratic. Reportedly Adityanath is ruling UP like a "dictator", he alleged, adding that people would teach the BJP regime a lesson.
Moreover the standoff between Gandhi and the Uttar Pradesh government ended Saturday, a day after she was detained Gandhi headed back to delhi after a meeting with some Sonbhadra villagers who travelled to the Mirzapur guesthouse where she had stayed overnight, refusing an offer from local administration to furnish a personal bond and leave. Apparently ten people, all Gond tribals, were shot dead Wednesday when a village headman, Yagya Dutt, and his supporters allegedly opened fire in an attempt to take possession of a piece of land in Ubbha village in Sonbhadra's Ghorawal area.
Priyanka Gandhi speaks up in support of Chidambaram According to sources coming in support of former Union finance minister P Chidambaram, Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi Vadra on Wednesday slammed the government and alleged that the senior party leader was being "hunted down" for speaking the truth. Priyanka Gandhi Vadra tweeted on Wednesday morning "An extremely qualified and respected member of the Rajya Sabha
- Vietnamese Bikini Airline comes to India from December - Ticket prices from Rs.9
- Why Jayalalitha's Niece wants her party to merge with AIADMK?
- ED issued a lookout notice against P Chidambaram after failing to locate senior Congress leader
- School prank turned tragic in AP
- Usha Financial Services accelerating 25 fintechs in India to boost digital lending
- SC Judge refers Chidambaram case to CJI - No relief to Chidambaram!
- Kerala Doctors warns people of Fungal Infections after floods
- Why Pawan investing Crores in a Bungalow than on something?
- Facebook and Twitter shuts state backed Chinese accounts
- Chidambaram faces prosecution on Indrani and Peter Statements
- Ola hits milestone of 10,000 destinations last weekend with an interesting customer report
- GAIL plans for expansion of Pipelines & City Gas Network
- 1,000 Indian restaurants decided to pull out of membership and restaurant reservation apps
- 150 First Year Students forced to shave heads under the name of ragging
- Yamuna River breaches danger mark in Delhi