Amaravathi sources stated that after the brouhaha raised by the World Bank's recent decision to withdraw its financial support to the capital development in Amaravati, the top bank on Sunday in a significant decision announced that it would extend a special $1 billion assistance to the State government for development of health, agriculture, energy and disaster management sectors.
Meanwhile in a statement released on Sunday evening, the World Bank said: "As the new government sets its development priorities, we stand ready to provide whatever support the state and the Government of india might request." Furthermore the statement read of the $ 1 billion financial aid, $328 million would be earmarked for Andhra Pradesh's health sector in accordance with an agreement inked with the State government on June 27, 2019.
Moreover as regards its decision to annul the agreement concerning capital development in Amaravati recently, it pointed to the Centre's decision to withdraw its proposal from the bank for the said project. The statement added "On July 15 the Government of india (GoI) withdrew its request to the World Bank for financing the proposed Amaravati Sustainable Infrastructure and Institutional Development Project. The World Bank’s Board of Executive Directors has been informed that the proposed project is no longer under preparation following the government’s decision".
Jagan's Reverse Tendering Savings Already 1000 Crore Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy adamantly went about the Reverse Tendering of the Projects even though the Central Government and others tried to apply brakes. But Jagan proved to be correct as Reverse Tendering is yielding savings. The latest is that 62.1 Crore of public money was saved on the Veligonda irrigation project tunnel-2 work.
- Telangana outsmarts Andhra Pradesh in innovation
- Pawan Kalyan Chalo Vizag on November 3rd
- Public sector banks planned for a strike on October 22
- Janasena MLA seeking to jump ship to YSRCP ?
- Normal life hit in Hyderabad due to RTC shutdown
- Stamp on HDFC Bank passbook caused panic among many customers
- IT leaves the DOTs without connect in statement!
- Chennai Metro hiked tanker price
- 60 Lakhs For Every Jagan's Hyderabad Visit for Cases?
- Will Mother Dairy sell tomatoes at Rs.55 per Kg or below?
- CM Jagan's focus is to make AP healthier
- Kerala's Kairali TV launches Jolly murder case as Solly serial killer
- NASA makes record with 2 Women astronaut spacewalk for first time
- PM Modi expressed confidence that BJP will break all victory records in Maharashtra Assembly elections
- SC reserved judgment on bail plea of P Chidambaram