Amaravathi sources stated that after the brouhaha raised by the World Bank's recent decision to withdraw its financial support to the capital development in Amaravati, the top bank on Sunday in a significant decision announced that it would extend a special $1 billion assistance to the State government for development of health, agriculture, energy and disaster management sectors.
Meanwhile in a statement released on Sunday evening, the World Bank said: "As the new government sets its development priorities, we stand ready to provide whatever support the state and the Government of india might request." Furthermore the statement read of the $ 1 billion financial aid, $328 million would be earmarked for Andhra Pradesh's health sector in accordance with an agreement inked with the State government on June 27, 2019.
Moreover as regards its decision to annul the agreement concerning capital development in Amaravati recently, it pointed to the Centre's decision to withdraw its proposal from the bank for the said project. The statement added "On July 15 the Government of india (GoI) withdrew its request to the World Bank for financing the proposed Amaravati Sustainable Infrastructure and Institutional Development Project. The World Bank’s Board of Executive Directors has been informed that the proposed project is no longer under preparation following the government’s decision".
Priyanka Gandhi speaks up in support of Chidambaram According to sources coming in support of former Union finance minister P Chidambaram, Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi Vadra on Wednesday slammed the government and alleged that the senior party leader was being "hunted down" for speaking the truth. Priyanka Gandhi Vadra tweeted on Wednesday morning "An extremely qualified and respected member of the Rajya Sabha
- Vietnamese Bikini Airline comes to India from December - Ticket prices from Rs.9
- Why Jayalalitha's Niece wants her party to merge with AIADMK?
- ED issued a lookout notice against P Chidambaram after failing to locate senior Congress leader
- School prank turned tragic in AP
- Usha Financial Services accelerating 25 fintechs in India to boost digital lending
- SC Judge refers Chidambaram case to CJI - No relief to Chidambaram!
- Kerala Doctors warns people of Fungal Infections after floods
- Why Pawan investing Crores in a Bungalow than on something?
- Facebook and Twitter shuts state backed Chinese accounts
- Chidambaram faces prosecution on Indrani and Peter Statements
- Ola hits milestone of 10,000 destinations last weekend with an interesting customer report
- GAIL plans for expansion of Pipelines & City Gas Network
- 1,000 Indian restaurants decided to pull out of membership and restaurant reservation apps
- 150 First Year Students forced to shave heads under the name of ragging
- Yamuna River breaches danger mark in Delhi