The three-stage GSLV Mk-III rocket successfully went through all the three stages and successfully injected Chandrayaan-2 into a lower Earth orbit shortly after launch. The mission comes 11 years after ISRO's successful first lunar mission Chandrayaan 1. The earlier mission made history by making more than 3,400 orbits around the moon and was operational for 312 days till August 29, 2009.
Chandrayaan-2's success will make india the fourth country after the US, russia, and china to pull off a soft landing on the moon. ISRO's budget is less than 20 times that of USA's NASA. The success of the mission would be a giant boost for india's space plans.
Karnataka received 279% more than normal rainfall According to sources an analysis of the heavy rainfall reported Karnataka received 279% more than normal rainfall between August 3 and 10, the highest recorded in the state in 118 years and the rainfall led to 'unprecedented' floods and landslides in 21 of the 30 districts in the state, which took the lives of 61 people while 15 are still missing.
- 2 Ex-Military Officials, 3 Former IAS Officers go to Supreme Court regarding Article 370
- Why Chandrababu Naidu asked to vacate house?
- Jagan Faces Uphill Task to foot the bill for Navaratnalu
- Carrying a MacBook Pro during Flight Travel? Well from now you can't as they are banned by Federal Aviation Administration
- Chandrababu Better Than Jagan: BJP Leader
- Blaze at AIIMS Delhi where former Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley was admitted in ICU
- Janasena To Prepare Jagan's 100 Days Progress Report
- YSRCP - Success in Election Management but failed in Flood Management
- Jagan Sacrifice Personal Life for State Interests
- Rahul Gandhi starts distributing kits to Flood hit Wayanad Families
- This Cop caught by ACB for getting Bribe after receiving Best Constable Award
- Chennai Metro Rail Limited launched Feeder service at flat rate of Rs.10
- Sanyas Kumar is visually impaired but has qualified in the OPSC in Odisha
- NASA monitoring deadly asteroid that might impact Earth by April 2020
- Paytm looking to increase user engagement on the app