According to sources unabated rainfall in Karnataka’s Bagalakot district has inundated UNESCO World Heritage temples in Aihole and Pattadakal. Meanwhile water from the Naviluteertha Dam was released into the Malaprabha River on Friday, which led to the inundation of the heritage temples.
Reportedly Pattadakal is located 23 km away from Badami and Aihole at a distance of 35 km from the popular tourist destination and the monuments located in Aihole and Pattadakal were built by the Chalukyas between the 6th and 8th century CE. Furthermore according to Bagalakot Deputy Commissioner Ramachandran, the nine Hindu temples and a Jain sanctuary built by the Chalukyas in Pattadakal were inundated on Friday and continued to flood on Saturday.
DC Ramachandran added “The virupaksha temple, was built in 740 CE by Queen Lokamahadevi to commemorate her husband's victory over southern kingdoms. This is the biggest tourist attraction here and water logging is up to 5 ft above ground level currently”. Moreover two cave temples and 12 other heritage temples in Aihole too were inundated. lokesh, SP of Bagalkot told “So far we don’t have any human casualty in the district. There are some animal deaths. We have three rivers Ghataprabha, Malaprabha and krishna all three have flooded their banks. Approximately till now, 70,000 people have been evacuated from low lying areas to safety”.
Donald Trump be addressing Houston rally 'Howdy, Modi' alongside PM Modi on September 22 Reportedly US President Donald Trump will be joining PM Narendra Modi at a mega event in Houston named "Howdy, Modi!". Meanwhile the September 22 event will be the first time a US president and Indian Prime Minister will be addressing a joint rally.
- Kodela's Death Due to Heart Attack or Suicide?
- NASA trying to establish communication with Vikram Lander
- Kodela Siva Prasad Rao passes away!
- Lions found roaming freely in city of Junagadh Gujarat
- Hyderabad cops giving helmet instead of challan
- Which is dead project? Amaravati or Kaleswaram!
- Why Mumbai IT gives notices to Mukesh Ambani's family under Black Money Act?
- Osama Bin Laden's Son's death confirmed by Trump
- Kollywood Actors asks Fans not to keep hoardings during Movie release
- Confederation of All India Traders claims festive sales ban of Amazon & Flipkart
- Aadhaar authentication or physical verification mandatory for new dealers from January 2020
- 3400 illegal hoardings removed in Chennai after the death of Subhashree
- WhatsApp helpline Services soon in Hyderabad Metro
- Kerala's CPI (M) & Congress voiced their opposition against One Language One Nation
- Chennai Metro holds a trial run with 2.5 minutes frequency of trains