In a clear case of political high-handedness and arrogance, the followers of Janasena's One and Only MLA, Rapaka Varaprasad tried to take the law into their hands here. A case was registered against Janasena MLA Rapaka Varaprasad at Malikipuram Police Station. Earlier, his supporter was arrested by the police on grounds of playing cards.
In the defense of his supporter, the MLA reportedly had a run-in with the local Sub-Inspector, Rama Rao. In his support, Jana Sena Party workers went on a protest against the police. Janasena Party workers took the law into their hands, attacked and smashed the windows panes of the police station. The local Police have taken this case seriously and the Government also gave a free hand to the Police.
The Police have gone to the MLA's house this morning to take him into custody but the MLA is not available there. Finally, with arrest looking imminent, the MLA surrendered himself in the Station. Rapaka will be produced in the Court in a little while from now. High tension is prevailing in the area after this arrest.
Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival Hyderabad sources reported that Hyderabad City Police Commissioner Anjani Kumar warned anti-social elements of taking advantage of the upcoming Ganesh Chathurthi celebrations and indulge in extortion. Meanwhile he said such anti-social elements will be firmly dealt with under law. Ganesh Chathurthi festivities will commence in the twin cities on September 2 and go on till September 12.
- KTR angry on BJPs work ethics
- Mumbai will soon see a Multichannel offer through IKEA
- Botcha Satyanarayana Hints At Capital Change?
- Distress Sale Begins in Amaravati With Jagan's Silence
- AP Government Fires on TDP Social Media Bad Propaganda
- Why Jayalalitha's Niece wants her party to merge with AIADMK?
- 75th Birth Anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi celebrated at his Memorial today
- Priyanka Gandhi lashes out Modi Government
- Rahul Gandhi remembered Rajiv Gandhi's Achievement in IT & Telecom industry
- Shah defended the law criminalizing triple talaq, saying it is going to benefit Muslims
- A Make or Break Operation for Chandraayan 2
- Heavy rains lashed northern parts, leaving at least 28 people dead
- IAF helicopter rescued two men stranded on a pier of a bridge being constructed over Tawi River
- Hike in price of Aavin Milk by Tamilnadu Govt
- Kerala Floods wreak havoc as 2 villages buried due to landslides and more than a 100 lives were lost