Reportedly even as heavy downpour continued to hit several parts of the country on Tuesday, the toll in flood affected areas in four states mounted up to 225. Meanwhile the situation continued to remain grim with rescue operations being carried out in areas where lanes were choked due to flood water. Furthermore 88 people were reported dead in kerala, 54 died in Karnataka, 49 in Maharashtra and 31 in Gujarat in floods and related incidents.
Furthermore two rain related deaths were also reported from Uttar Pradesh where several parts saw heavy overnight showers and here is all that happened today as situations worsened due to incessant rainfall in kerala, Karnataka, Maharashtra, delhi, Odisha and Himachal Pradesh. Reports added the india Meteorological Department (IMD) has issued a red alert for Malappuram and Kozhikode as extremely heavy rains are expected in central areas of the state.
Moreover the Karnataka government has decided to celebrate the country's Independence Day in a "simple" way as most parts of the state are affected by floods and incessant rains. Further in the national capital, the IMD has forecast showers on Independence Day and it said so far in August, 67 per cent less rainfall has been observed as compared to the average.
Two weeks extended to CBI to investigate Unnao Accident probe by SC New Delhi sources stated that the Supreme Court on Monday granted two more weeks' time to the CBI to complete the ongoing investigation in a road accident case in which the Unnao rape survivor and her lawyer have sustained critical injuries.
- Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival
- KTR angry on BJPs work ethics
- Mumbai will soon see a Multichannel offer through IKEA
- Botcha Satyanarayana Hints At Capital Change?
- Distress Sale Begins in Amaravati With Jagan's Silence
- AP Government Fires on TDP Social Media Bad Propaganda
- Why Jayalalitha's Niece wants her party to merge with AIADMK?
- 75th Birth Anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi celebrated at his Memorial today
- Priyanka Gandhi lashes out Modi Government
- Rahul Gandhi remembered Rajiv Gandhi's Achievement in IT & Telecom industry
- Shah defended the law criminalizing triple talaq, saying it is going to benefit Muslims
- A Make or Break Operation for Chandraayan 2
- Heavy rains lashed northern parts, leaving at least 28 people dead
- IAF helicopter rescued two men stranded on a pier of a bridge being constructed over Tawi River
- Hike in price of Aavin Milk by Tamilnadu Govt