Reportedly a top diplomat here said china on Wednesday asked for "closed consultations" in the United Nations Security Council to discuss india's decision to revoke the special status of Jammu and Kashmir, after pakistan, Beijing's closest ally, wrote a letter on the issue to poland, the Council President for the month of August.
Meanwhile the request was submitted recently and no date has been scheduled as of now, a UN diplomat was quoted as saying by the news agency PTI. The diplomat said "china asked for closed consultations on the Security Council agenda item 'india pakistan Question'. The request was in reference to the Pakistani letter to Security Council President”. Furthermore the diplomat said that china also submitted a formal request for such a meeting but poland has to consult and take into account preferences of other Council members before deciding on time and date for the meeting.
Moreover pakistan formally called for an emergency meeting of the UN Security Council to discuss india revoking the special status to Jammu and Kashmir, Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi recently said. Perhaps Qureshi has sent a formal letter to the president of the Security Council, Polish Ambassador Joanna Wronecka, through country's Permanent Representative Maleha Lodhi to convene the meeting and Qureshi said the letter will also be shared with all members of the UNSC. Further he said the issue related to changes in a temporary provision of the Constitution of india and was the sole prerogative of the country.
GAIL plans for expansion of Pipelines & City Gas Network New Delhi sources stated that its chairman Ashutosh Karnatak said on Tuesday that state owned gas utility GAIL India Ltd will invest over Rs 45,000 crore over the next five years to expand the National Gas Grid and city gas distribution network. Karnatak said at the company's annual general meeting of shareholders "At present, your company is expanding the natural gas pipeline network by executing
- 1,000 Indian restaurants decided to pull out of membership and restaurant reservation apps
- 150 First Year Students forced to shave heads under the name of ragging
- Yamuna River breaches danger mark in Delhi
- P Chidambaram moves to Supreme Court after Bail gets rejected - CBI fails to mention provision of law says Chidambaram's Lawyer
- Why Trump had telephonic conversation between Modi & Imran Khan?
- Delhi HC dismissed anticipatory bail plea of P Chidambaram in corruption and money laundering cases
- ISRO made a spectacular achievement in its Moon Mission
- Indefinite strike from August 21 by TN Private Water Tankers Association
- Donald Trump said his administration was "doing very well with China"
- Zakir Naik banned from Preaching Islam in Malaysia
- Zomato partnered with FarEye, fastest growing digital logistics companies
- Two weeks extended to CBI to investigate Unnao Accident probe by SC
- Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival
- KTR angry on BJPs work ethics
- Mumbai will soon see a Multichannel offer through IKEA