Reportedly former Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir mehbooba mufti's daughter Iltija Mufti has written a letter to Union Home Minister amit shah over the restrictions on the people in Kashmir Valley. Meanwhile in the letter, she said that while the country was celebrating Independence Day, Kashmiri people were being "caged like animals" and "deprived of basic human rights".
Furthermore Iltija Mufti also said that visitors were not allowed to meet her and called it "odd" since she was not affiliated to any political party and she also said she was informed by security personnel that she had been detained because of her interviews to media, and was "threatened with dire consequences". Iltija Mufti told amit shah "I'd be most obliged if you could kindly throw light on the laws under which I've been detained and for how long".
Moreover at the end, Iltija said that she has not posted the letter as Postal services are suspended. Kashmir remained shut for the 12th consecutive day on Friday, even as the authorities relaxed restrictions on the movement of people in srinagar. A senior official of the state administration said "Restrictions on the movement of people have been eased in most parts of the Valley. The situation so far has remained peaceful”. Further he said while the deployment of security forces on the ground remains as earlier, people were allowed to move around the city and other towns.
Zakir Naik banned from Preaching Islam in Malaysia Zakir Naik was interrogated by the police for his remarks against Malaysian Hindus and now he has been banned from giving public speeches and Islamic preachings anywhere in Malaysia. The Malaysian Police who interrogated and questioned him revealed that the decision was taken in the interest of National security.
- Zomato partnered with FarEye, fastest growing digital logistics companies
- Two weeks extended to CBI to investigate Unnao Accident probe by SC
- Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival
- KTR angry on BJPs work ethics
- Mumbai will soon see a Multichannel offer through IKEA
- Botcha Satyanarayana Hints At Capital Change?
- Distress Sale Begins in Amaravati With Jagan's Silence
- AP Government Fires on TDP Social Media Bad Propaganda
- Why Jayalalitha's Niece wants her party to merge with AIADMK?
- 75th Birth Anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi celebrated at his Memorial today
- Priyanka Gandhi lashes out Modi Government
- Rahul Gandhi remembered Rajiv Gandhi's Achievement in IT & Telecom industry
- Shah defended the law criminalizing triple talaq, saying it is going to benefit Muslims
- A Make or Break Operation for Chandraayan 2
- Heavy rains lashed northern parts, leaving at least 28 people dead