As per report several villages on the banks of krishna river were evacuated after an alert was sounded in the krishna district of Andhra Pradesh as 8 lakh cusecs of water was released from the Prakasam barrage. Meanwhile the water, which was released early on Thursday, submerged several low lying areas in the district and relief efforts are ongoing.
Accordingly those in the immediate low lying areas were evacuated two days prior and on Thursday, district officials and the police went to low-lying areas across mandals and alerted people about possible inundation and people were told to move to higher ground for safety. Furthermore residents of rani Gari Thota, Geeta Nagar, Balaji Nagar, Yanamalakuduru and Ramalingeswara Nagar on the banks of river krishna were moved to rehabilitation centres as a precautionary measure. Reportedly krishna District Collector Mohammad Imtiaz in a teleconference with officials while reviewing the flood situation urged "Do not allow any student to cross the river to reach schools”.
He said "People residing in the low-lying areas of Bhupesh Gupta Nagar, Enamalakuduru and Kumaripalem were alerted about the floods”. Earlier on Thursday, the inflow into the Pulichintala reservoir was 6.4 lakh cusecs and the inflow to Prakasam barrage stood at 4.6 lakh cusecs and on Friday morning, the water level at Prakasam barrage is above 15 feet and water is overflowing.
Sonia Gandhi & Manmohan Singh visited Tihar Jail to see P Chidambaram New Delhi sources stated that Congress president Sonia Gandhi and former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh arrived at Tihar jail to meet former union minister P Chidambaram on Monday. Meanwhile Chidambaram's son Karti Chidambaram also arrived at the jail to meet his father today and Chidambaram was arrested by the CBI on 21 August and is at present in judicial custody in Tihar Jail.
- Land acquisition for Salur bypass speeded up
- Big eye-screening drive across the state from Oct 10
- Reverse tendering has exposed TDP govts corruption: Anil Kumar
- Andhra Pradesh govt serves fresh notice for removal of bungalow being used by Chandrababu Naidu
- Security to be enhanced further at RGIA
- Petrol price hiked by 27 paise to Rs 73.62 a litre in Delhi
- At Howdy Modi Event Modi called US President Trump his true friend
- Dams are 85% full in India owing to good monsoon rainfall
- Owaisi slams center on slashing corporate tax
- Petrol burns a hole in the pocket, price raised for six consecutive days.
- Is Online Movie ticket sales banned in Telangana?
- Will traffic fines be reduced in Kerala?
- Will AP former CM CBNs house be demolished within 7 days?
- Next Moon Mission by ISRO by 2020
- Why Imran Khan reached US in Saudi Prince's Special aircraft?