Meanwhile terming the heavy monsoon rains and floods in two thirds of Karnataka the worst in 45 years, Chief Minister B.S. Yeddyurappa said he would seek more central funds for speeding up relief works in the affected regions to mitigate the hardship of the people. Yeddyurappa said in his 73rd Independence Day (I-Day) address at the Manekshaw parade ground in the city amid tight security "I will seek more central aid for relief works in 22 districts across the state, which were lashed by torrential rains and flooded by rivers in spate and heavy discharge of water from reservoirs in the catchment areas”.
Furthermore the chief minister is scheduled to meet Prime Minister Narendra modi and other ministers in New delhi on Friday for seeking additional funds and other central assistance to restore normalcy in the flood-hit areas at the earliest. Even though modi sanctioned last week Rs 200 crore from the Prime Minister's relief fund for rescue and relief operations in the flood hit state, the amount is not enough to meet the cost of restoring normalcy and rebuilding houses and farmlands, damaged or destroyed by the rain waters and flood fury over the last fortnight.
The CM lamented "Ironically, the country's second semi-arid state is caught between acute drought and severe flood due to various factors, including climate change and global warming”. Moreover nearly 22 of the 30 districts across the coastal, central and northwest regions of the state are facing floods, while 5 districts in the southern region are in a drought like situation due to deficit rainfall.
Police Intercepts Kodela's Last Call, More Doubts The final rites of Kodela happened a little while ago in Narasaraopeta. The final yatra of the former Speaker happened for around three hours. TDP fans and the local people came in huge numbers to have a final glimpse of their beloved leader. On the other side, Telangana Police is investigating into the case after registering it as a suspicious death.
- Jagan Government's Appointments in TTD Board Creates Uproar
- Kodela's Son, Shivaram to be Interrogated
- How Brain eating Amoeba entered 10 year Girl while swimming in Texas River?
- Chennai Man died after electric pole fell on him while feeding street dogs
- No Truth in 19 Cases on Kodela
- Chennai to receive rainfall for next 48 hours
- Heavy rains lashed Andhra Pradesh's Rayalaseema region disrupted normal life
- ISRO tweeted a thank for all the support it received from Vikram Lander
- Astra an indigenous Visual Range Missile successfully test-fired by IAF
- Onion prices goes up in Delhi
- Mamata Banerjee scheduled to meet PM Modi in Delhi today
- Son and Daughter have decided to fight with YSRCP!
- Believe it or not Rs 6 lakh electricity bill for metal roof shed in Telangana
- Latest update on Godavari boat mishap: 10 more bodies retrieved from river.
- Amazon builds largest campus in Hyderabad, as big as 65 football grounds with 49 elevators.