United Nations sources stated that the UN Security Council (UNSC) is to hold closed door consultations on the Kashmir developments on Friday at the request of china, a diplomat at the Security Council told on Thursday. The diplomat said that china’s request for the meeting was made in a letter and came up during the Council’s informal consultations on Wednesday.
The format of the meeting as a closed door consultation would preclude pakistan participating in it, the diplomat said. As a closed door meeting, the consultation’s proceedings would be secret, without being broadcast or accessible to reporters. china wanted the consultations to take place on Thursday, but since the schedule was already set for the day without any meetings, it was to be taken up on Friday, the diplomat said.
The diplomat said that the office of the Security Council President Joanna Wronecka of poland was working out the details for holding the meeting and when it was to be held. pakistan had asked for a meeting of the UNSC on Kashmir following india’s decision to rescind Articles 370 and 35A of its Constitution that gave Jammu and Kashmir a special status. Except for china, all the other four permanent members of the Council have openly backed New delhi’s position that disputes between india and pakistan are bilateral matters, with the US even saying that the Kashmir developments are an internal matter of india.
Pakistan disallows to use its airspace for PM Modi Sources from New Delhi stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi will not fly over Pakistan on his way to the United States to attend the United Nations General Assembly later this month. Reportedly Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi, on Wednesday, announced that Islamabad had declined Indian request to seek permission to cross Pakistani airspace.
- Delhi Court put up Unnao rape case for further hearing on September 24
- Kodela Siva Prasad's last rites held without state honors
- AP boat tragedy death toll rises to 34
- Kaleshwaram added another feather to cap
- How emotional Balayya has bond with Kodela?
- Mumbai along with south peninsula will receive heavy rains for next three days: IMD
- E-cigarettes banned by government stops production completely: Nirmala Sitaraman
- Global Village Tech Park in Bengaluru sold for Rs.2700 Crore by Coffee Day
- Petrol prices increased in Major cities after attack on Saudi refinery
- MK Stalin consoled Subhasri"s parents
- Do you know which is India second IT Firm?
- E-Cigarettes will be banned and no production: FM
- PoK belongs to India, we will take possession: EAM Jaishankar
- CBN demands CBI investigation for death of Kodela Siva Prasad
- Rajinikanth says Amit Shah's common language can't be imposed in India