Reportedly the Tamilnadu government has increased the selling price of Aavin milk by Rs 6 per litre, applicable from Monday. Meanwhile the price of procurement of cow and buffalo’s milk was also increased simultaneously by Rs 4 and Rs 6 respectively and the last time the price was revised was in 2014, during former CM J Jayalalitha’s tenure.
Furthermore as per the latest revision, the price of Aavin Nice (blue sachet; toned milk) has been increased from Rs 37 to Rs 43 per litre, Aavin Diet (magenta sachet; double toned) from Rs 34 to Rs 40, Aavin Green Magic (green sachet; standardized milk) from Rs 41 to Rs 47 and Aavin Premium (orange sachet; full cream milk) from Rs 45 to Rs 51 per litre. Apparently the price for procurement of cow’s milk has been increased from Rs 28 to Rs 32, and the price for buffalo’s milk has been increased from Rs 35 to Rs 41.
Moreover AMMK leader TTV Dhinakaran called for the price hike to be revoked. He tweeted “It is possible to increase procurement prices without increasing selling price by regulating administrative malpractice and by proper functioning of the milk producers’ union”. Perhaps Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami had hinted at the price hike in the Assembly last month. “Considering the condition of the dairy farmers, this government will hike the procurement prices for milk producers and the milk prices for consumers will be increased so that milk cooperative societies do not suffer losses.
Houston weather update ahead of PM Narendra Modi's Howdy Modi Reportedly tropical Depression Imelda inundated southeast Texas on Thursday, lashing some areas with torrential rain causing devastating flooding, leaving at least two dead and thousands of residents stranded. Rescuers in boats pulled hundreds from flooded cars. Meanwhile in view of the situation, Texas Governor Greg Abbott has declared a state of emergency for 13 counties in southeastern Texas.
- Houston weather update ahead of PM Narendra Modi's Howdy Modi
- Pon Radhakrishnan advocated for recognition of Tamil as national language
- Singareni Collieries Workers Diwali gift from Telangana CM
- Skeletal body found in Nagarjuna's Farm House been traced
- Image of 'dune fields' covering surface during winter looks like ice cream
- Nirmala Seetharaman to slash corporate tax rate for Domestic Firms
- Jagan Trying to Take Revenge on Pawan Kalyan
- Jagan and KCR to Meet After Three Months Gap
- Telangana planning to declare 2020 as AI Year
- Nirmala Seetharaman said Centre asked PSBs to Lend More
- How Sekhar Reddy Managed To Comeback to TTD Board?
- Transferring Money through IMPS is the Best Platform across Globe
- Andhra Pradesh boat accident: Toll reaches 11 after tourist vessel capsized in Godavari River; rescue ops to resume today
- Naidu requests CBI test in conditions prompting ex-Andhra Pradesh speaker's suicide
- Now (SCCL) Telangana company is giving Rs 1.01 lakh Dussera bonus to every employee