Reportedly the Tamilnadu government has increased the selling price of Aavin milk by Rs 6 per litre, applicable from Monday. Meanwhile the price of procurement of cow and buffalo’s milk was also increased simultaneously by Rs 4 and Rs 6 respectively and the last time the price was revised was in 2014, during former CM J Jayalalitha’s tenure.
Furthermore as per the latest revision, the price of Aavin Nice (blue sachet; toned milk) has been increased from Rs 37 to Rs 43 per litre, Aavin Diet (magenta sachet; double toned) from Rs 34 to Rs 40, Aavin Green Magic (green sachet; standardized milk) from Rs 41 to Rs 47 and Aavin Premium (orange sachet; full cream milk) from Rs 45 to Rs 51 per litre. Apparently the price for procurement of cow’s milk has been increased from Rs 28 to Rs 32, and the price for buffalo’s milk has been increased from Rs 35 to Rs 41.
Moreover AMMK leader TTV Dhinakaran called for the price hike to be revoked. He tweeted “It is possible to increase procurement prices without increasing selling price by regulating administrative malpractice and by proper functioning of the milk producers’ union”. Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami had hinted at the price hike in the Assembly last month. “Considering the condition of the dairy farmers, this government will hike the procurement prices for milk producers. Likewise, the milk prices for consumers will be increased so that milk cooperative societies do not suffer losses”.
Nationwide strike by Tamilnadu Truckers against MV Act According to sources truckers in the Salem-Namakkal belt, who form the bulk of lorry and truck operators in Tamilnadu on Thursday struck work in response to the nationwide call by commercial vehicles transport operators to protest the exorbitant fines and other penal provisions under the newly amended Motor Vehicles (MV) Act enacted by the Central government.
- Is banning banner culture not an easy task in Tamilnadu?
- PM Modi confident that Howdy Modi will develop new ties between India & US
- P Chidambaram complaints about various ailments, No Chair No Pillow in Tihar Jail
- Transferring Money through IMPS is the Best Platform across Globe
- Nirmala Seetharaman to slash corporate tax rate for Domestic Firms
- Image of 'dune fields' covering surface during winter looks like ice cream
- Pon Radhakrishnan advocated for recognition of Tamil as national language
- Skeletal body found in Nagarjuna's Farm House been traced
- Singareni Collieries Workers Diwali gift from Telangana CM
- Houston weather update ahead of PM Narendra Modi's Howdy Modi
- Why this TN Man garlanded Periyar poster with slippers & throw Cow dung on it?
- State moves to stall auction of prime Jagir land in Hafeezpet
- Uber ride request not been fulfilled during peak hours in Bengaluru
- Exempt from court presence: Jagan
- Parents of CBIT students take fee woes to panel