Reportedly the rains in kerala have abated, the resultant floods have receded, some people have started returning to their houses and many are still at the relief camps. Meanwhile even as rescue operations, relief efforts and rehabilitation process are underway, doctors in the state have expressed concerns over the health issues that generally follow natural calamities like floods.
Furthermore after the 2018 deluge, there was a spurt of diseases in kerala, including leptospirosis, gastroenteritis, typhoid and dengue, among others. Further this year, the doctors have particularly noted that fungal infections are increasingly being seen among those who were exposed to the floodwater. Reportedly Doctors from the kerala branch of the Indian Medical Association (IMA) have come forward to provide medical care at several flood relief camps.
Dr Srujit of the IMA stated “It is important to keep the skin dry, especially the areas between fingers, toes, underarms, groin and other parts where the sweat can easily get trapped. For those presenting with itchy or flaky skin, we prescribe certain antifungal medications and ointments”. Perhaps avoiding moist spaces and drying clothes completely also help to prevent fungal infections.
Sonia Gandhi & Manmohan Singh visited Tihar Jail to see P Chidambaram New Delhi sources stated that Congress president Sonia Gandhi and former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh arrived at Tihar jail to meet former union minister P Chidambaram on Monday. Meanwhile Chidambaram's son Karti Chidambaram also arrived at the jail to meet his father today and Chidambaram was arrested by the CBI on 21 August and is at present in judicial custody in Tihar Jail.
- Land acquisition for Salur bypass speeded up
- Big eye-screening drive across the state from Oct 10
- Reverse tendering has exposed TDP govts corruption: Anil Kumar
- Andhra Pradesh govt serves fresh notice for removal of bungalow being used by Chandrababu Naidu
- Security to be enhanced further at RGIA
- Petrol price hiked by 27 paise to Rs 73.62 a litre in Delhi
- At Howdy Modi Event Modi called US President Trump his true friend
- Dams are 85% full in India owing to good monsoon rainfall
- Owaisi slams center on slashing corporate tax
- Petrol burns a hole in the pocket, price raised for six consecutive days.
- Is Online Movie ticket sales banned in Telangana?
- Will traffic fines be reduced in Kerala?
- Will AP former CM CBNs house be demolished within 7 days?
- Next Moon Mission by ISRO by 2020
- Why Imran Khan reached US in Saudi Prince's Special aircraft?