New delhi sources stated that the Supreme Court on Monday granted two more weeks' time to the CBI to complete the ongoing investigation in a road accident case in which the Unnao rape survivor and her lawyer have sustained critical injuries.
As per report a bench comprising Justices deepak Gupta and Aniruddha Bose extended the time for completing the probe after the CBI moved an application seeking four more weeks on the ground that the statements of the rape survivor and her lawyer have not been recorded so far. Meanwhile it was stated that the bench also directed the Uttar Pradesh government to pay Rs five lakh to the lawyer, who is in a critical condition.
Moreover the Supreme Court had earlier directed the investigation agency to complete the probe within a stipulated time period of 45 days, and also ordered that the Uttar Pradesh government provide Rs 25 lakh to the survivor as interim compensation. Further the bench had also told the CBI that an extension of not more than seven days would be given for investigation of the road accident, only in exceptional circumstances.
Why Trump carries cash in his back pocket? Washington sources reported that US President Donald Trump has said that he carries cash in his back pocket as he loves giving tips at the hotels. Meanwhile his remarks came after one USD 20 bill was seen dangling precariously from Trump's back pocket as he prepared to depart Moffett Field in Mountain View, California on Wednesday.
- Why Pakistan PM says until curfew lifted in Kashmir, no talks with India?
- Vodafone Idea largest telecom operator in India in July: TRAI
- P Chidambaram's judicial custody extended till October 3 in INX Media Case
- I did not impose Hindi on regional languages: Amit Shah
- Who offers more for Rs 700 monthly? BSNL or Airtel V-Fiber or JioFiber
- Modi-Trump meeting at Houston hints at some announcement
- TN Education Department confirmed that Classes 5, 8 students will have Board exams this Academic year
- Can CM Jagan Tame Government Doctors?
- High Court Notices for JC Diwakar Reddy on Illegal Mining
- Owner of Capsized Boat in Godavari is a Janasena Leader
- Sister State Partnership agreement signed between Telangana & New Jersey
- Heads of Public Sector Banks to meet Finance Minister today
- 4 New Judges appointed for Supreme Court
- A decomposed body of an unidentified person found in Nagarjuna's Farm House
- Pakistan disallows to use its airspace for PM Modi